luka

Day is fine so long as you work. If you don't then of course afternoons are torture.

luka

Mornings on the other hand are great. I love mornings. Im highly intelligent and full of optimism and energy. Coffee tastes delicious, everything is grand.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, it's boredom too though innit. Im so bored in the evenings. They seem such a pointless time-bloc. What are you supposed to do with an evening? It's a fucking desert.

You need a hobby. Obviously not writing as that's already your vocation. Try music. Or learn to draw. Something creative that you can just enjoy without having to feel you either need to master it or make money from it.

Or get a motorbike and be one of those guys who is forever taking it apart and tinkering with it and getting covered in oil and stuff.

luka

Caged, shut out of life, walled off from it, unable to affect it influence it participate in it

luka

Ive got a playstation 4. I was playing fallout 4. I feel very uneasy about the effect those games have on individual functioning and on the culture at large. On the other hand it does kill time more successfully than most other things

luka

Barty was trying to tell me to get a hobby, learn to play the keyboard but it's not me. Ideally I would like mates who want to work on things, make things, do things. So you have projects on the go. The reality of writing is you have fallow periods. You can't just spunk out masterpieces non stop. Your sac shrivels up and goes dry

luka

Anyway its not a cry for help im just being honest and realistic about what a relatively abstemious puritanical life entails. No point lying about it. I still think its worth it. Although I will open that moretti.

luka

Unfortunately I have such a low tolerance for boredom and frustration I can't learn anything. Languages instruments driving scuba diving science mechanics nothing. Its a disability I should be on benefits

I've a problem with Saturdays. Too many people about, mindlessly buying rubbish or watching sport. Extrovert's day. Give me a Sunday or a Friday evening any time.

Do you have a bicycle? That's a noble diversion for a bored man of your age.

And didn't you used to hang around canals? You're probably a closet fisherman. You might find contentment battling carp in the evening.

A few years back my car broke down once on the M25. I had a long conversation with the recovery vehicle driver on the way up the M1 and he swore by carp fishing. He'd been in bomb disposal in Afghanistan and had also spent days sitting at an artillery post on a mountaintop giving fire support to the base Prince Harry was staying in. He said that was OK, peaceful and contemplative between the shooting and shitting in a bucket, but nothing squashed the PTSD quite like carp fishing here at home. It was that or drinking to self-destruction.

Gaming is the worst. My son's life revolves around it, I hope he grows out of it in his teens, like I did. Nothing can or ever will match the glory of Ocean's Batman, I hope he too can find such perfection and call it a day.

IYou've got people who go to the gym for an hour whilst spending eight hours a day scrolling through spreadsheets and several hours online at home.

They're on their phones all the time in the gym too! Can't go a minute without a screen.
Mate, while you're scrolling through Mumford & Sons albums on your soyPhone, I'm waiting to use that bench.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Barty was trying to tell me to get a hobby, learn to play the keyboard but it's not me. Ideally I would like mates who want to work on things, make things, do things. So you have projects on the go. The reality of writing is you have fallow periods. You can't just spunk out masterpieces non stop. Your sac shrivels up and goes dry

reynolds said he'll do a skype in on the first episode of our podcast. just waiting for corpse to free up an evening to record it.

luka

Thanks barty. Do you know corpse is a fairly serious bodybuilder? He could pick us both up by the scruff of the neck, our legs kicking desperately in midair. He's got bicep peaks like the Matterhorn.

I used to play oceans batman. But it was on an amstrad pcw which meant it was all green on a black background which added to the atmospherics.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Really great video games have the ability to draw you into their world just as much as the best literature. I loved stuff like Lemmings as a young kid but it was the Doom and Quake games that really captivated me as a teenager. And they're all about the action and the atmosphere with very little in the way of narrative, but later with the games like the Half-Life/Portal series, Halo, Deus Ex and so on, the narrative element really came to the fore and a whole new dimension opened up. I've recently enjoyed Amnesia: The Dark Descent and SOMA, which are totally narrative-led and based around stealth and puzzle-solving with no combat at all. Both absolutely brilliant, totally absorbing and atmospheric.

luka

That Moretti cheered me up. Should I go shop for another one or not bother. I reckon probably not bother.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Original GTA, Westwood's Bladerunner and OG Half Life remain the most absorbing gaming experiences for me.

HL2 was shit.