Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That Moretti cheered me up. Should I go shop for another one or not bother. I reckon probably not bother.

No replies after this. He's probably either semi-conscious and semi-naked in a hedge somewhere or in police custody by now.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
the problem with boredom is relatable and often serves as instigator. i think getting an hobby is a good advice but not all hobbies will do. playing video games, binge-watching television series, i just end up self-loathing myself afterwards. it feels instinctively wrong, a voluntary acceptance of something i oppose. it feels like stepping into a simulator and have my monkey brain entertained for some hours. plenty of other stuff to consider tho. hiking, bicycling, camping. or, hobbies that will end up giving you something material: make music, draw, paint, write, pottery etc. all easier said than done tho.

luka

the problem with boredom is relatable and often serves as instigator. i think getting an hobby is a good advice but not all hobbies will do. playing video games, binge-watching television series, i just end up self-loathing myself afterwards. it feels instinctively wrong, a voluntary acceptance of something i oppose. it feels like stepping into a simulator and have my monkey brain entertained for some hours. plenty of other stuff to consider tho. hiking, bicycling, camping. or, hobbies that will end up giving you something material: make music, draw, paint, write, pottery etc. all easier said than done tho.

You are burdened with the same puritan instincts I see. Seems reasonable to assume that the puritanism goes hand in hand with the binges. Wild swings between extremes. Hiking, camping, cycling, all good wholesome activities but not possible to squeeze into the hours between the end of work and sleep.

The problem is worse in winter. You become housebound. Specially if you work outside as I do.

luka

Well, I'll work something out anyway. Eventually I will build the compound and my innermost needs will be met.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
You are burdened with the same puritan instincts I see. Seems reasonable to assume that the puritanism goes hand in hand with the binges. Wild swings between extremes. Hiking, camping, cycling, all good wholesome activities but not possible to squeeze into the hours between the end of work and sleep.

The problem is worse in winter. You become housebound. Specially if you work outside as I do.

yeh calvinism

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Anyone ever go in for any of the 2C stuff from Shulgin's 'magical half-dozen'?

Yeah, the B and E a couple of times. Only had the B with other stuff - went very nicely with MDMA and opium while seeing some live psych-rock bands. The E stuff I had by itself. Was quite strong. Took it with Idle Rich and Bangpuss/Lewis who used to post here. It was his stuff, he bought it online and we just eyeballed the powder, stupidly. (I mean estimated a dose by eye - we didn't actually put it in our eyes.) The NotW phone-tapping scandal was in the news then and there were photos of Murdoch Snr and Rebekah Brooks on the front of the Guardian at Lewis's place. The photo of Murdoch was supremely sinister and made him look like Cthulhu or something, with these great clawed hands coming towards the camera, while Brooks, with her curly red hair and sinister oversized shades, became a sort of Gorgon. Lewis freaked out and started saying he was dead so Rich and I had to try and talk him down, or rather up. I think I happened to have some valium on me, which was lucky for Lewis. Then we took a walk to Nunhead reservoir via the now famous secret hole in the fence and just looked out across the overcast city. When I closed my eyes I could see the paisley wallpaper in a downmarket tandoori in Oldham in 1976, all purples and oranges.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh god, poor stupid your mate. I've snorted some nasty stuff in my time but I've heard the 2C's are the absolute worst.

luka

I tried 2C-B twice. The first time I was already in the middle of an acid trip and couldn't really tell what was doing what, the second I've always assumed I got burned because nothing happened.

One of my mates decided to snort it once and spent the next five minutes or so in absolute agony - apparently it was like snorting hot glass - then claimed that everyone had suddenly looked like neon green x-rays of themselves and that he could see our skeletons.

It's these bad drugs stories that unfortunately make drugs sound the coolest

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Radagast is the only wizard in TLOTR whose ultimate fate isn't known. I reckon that's what he does for kicks these days.

luka

I've had a few rough ones of dmt and the one time I tried salvia was a portal into a hell dimension but nothing major really and I've never had these youthful misadventure ones with divvy mates who have meltdowns thankfully.

luka

Never had the slightest desire to go back and check. Once was enough for that. Can't believe it bought that cursed substance over the counter in Stratford in-shops

vimothy

yurp
I once traversed a huge free party (I forget where) trading salvia bongs for whatever was on offer. left a trail of mind-blown drooling crusties in our wake

luka

Most of them probably never recovered, fucking hell what a karmic toll... Rather you than me mate