Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Makes me think of how corporate coopting of things which used to represent counterculture like primark selling wu tang sweaters or whatever really trivializes them and its an ever growing pulsating blob that must be stopped but then I came back to and the bus driver told me we'd reached the end of the line

Is anyone else wondering, with a sort of horrified fascination, if the next Tory drug admission will be about the time someone like totally did a load of shrooms and MDMA at Glasto, yah? :eek:

poetix

we murder to dissect
Which politician (of any party) is most likely to have got into hallucinogens in a big (or at least non-footling) way at some point?

poetix

we murder to dissect
I can totally imagine Jess Phillips banging on about getting pilled up, but can't picture anyone on the Labour front bench talking about the insights they gained from doing a load of shrooms.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Last edited:

poetix

we murder to dissect
I am strictly against the re-enchantment of the world, I think because it presupposes that the world has somehow become disenchanted. A botched, shameful restoration. But the cosmos is unaffected by whatever episteme happens to be in charge, and there are many ways of being or becoming or remaining enchanted with/in it that don't involve LARPing as druids. Be what an actual druid would be today! A fluid druid!

luka

I've mentioned these links before. The extinction rebellion people are all into psychedelics. The head of the psychedelic society is heavily involved, lotsa connections all down the line.

luka

But the cosmos is unaffected by whatever episteme happens to be in charge

This is by no means certain and the extinction rebellion stuff is predicated on the opposite assumption.

luka

I've got a cousin who is so mentally fucked, has abstracted himself so out of existence and his own vehicle of flesh and bone that he told me pleasure and pain don't operate as motivational levers for him. When suffering he can't find any valid reason to try and move away from the source of suffering. It doesn't transfer to a scale of values for him, it's just experience. It means he can't move at all. He's stuck. His coordinate points have been blasted away.

luka

On an aesthetic level, sure, I don't want people waving burning sage in my face and chanting. The question of whether the nymphs have departed is worth pursuing. I have the sense that they come and go, sometimes close enough to touch, sometimes out of sight, on the individual and on the collective level. This is something we have talked about a lot here over the last couple of years or so.

(Eliot had them departed Pound had them present still)

luka

Cmon lads give me answers! What is ritual, what does it do and how does it do it. What are the nymphs. What are the gods. Have they departed and are we better off without them either way?

I'm more interested in the crossover between Bitcoin and psychedelia.
It is unexamined.
Silk Road, magic Internet money, rising phoenixlike out of the fires of crisis, self-creating, energising. Could be the origin of Bitcoin was an entheogenic fever dream, like Kary Mullis's famously acid-fuelled vision of the polymerase chain reaction.

Many such cases.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've got a cousin who is so mentally fucked, has abstracted himself so out of existence and his own vehicle of flesh and bone that he told me pleasure and pain don't operate as motivational levers for him. When suffering he can't find any valid reason to try and move away from the source of suffering. It doesn't transfer to a scale of values for him, it's just experience. It means he can't move at all. He's stuck. His coordinate points have been blasted away.

How do you think he got that way? I mean was there an external trigger for this, that you're aware of, or was it a sort of genetic predestination?