luka

I heard droid leads an ecstatic nature walk through the celtic wilds of eire. Maybe he might allow you to join in corpse?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well I think it's fair to say I could have picked a worse venue for losing my acid cherry at the ripe old age of 38:

DSC_1798.jpg

DSC_1799.jpg

DSC_1800.JPG

DSC_1805.JPG

DSC_1810.jpg

Leo

I probably would have freaked out worrying about getting lost in the woods and eaten by wolves, but that's just me.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Today was a good day. I took a bus out to a woodland spot I already knew pretty well and just wandered about in the dappled sunlight under the leaves. I'd planned some music to listen to but as the stuff came on, the idea of listening to artificial human music seemed a bit perverse with all the birdsong, so I just listened to what was around me. Birds, the snap of twigs underfoot, and the marvellously sinister hissing of a huge wood ants' nest in full flow - these are all over the place, and the ants that make them up are huge, much bigger than ants you typically see in colonies in sub/urban environments. I watched some of them carting off caterpillars and grubs of various kinds:

ant_grub.jpg

Watching a whole seething nest, it struck me that what looks like total chaos is anything but, and that every ant knows exactly what it's doing. Of course an individual ant left to its own devices is a pretty lost and sorry thing. Cellular automata.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I stopped after a while to lie down and read. Feeling like some sort of like allegory for pretentiousness, the book I've got is the Iliad, that I started reading a few days ago. I enjoyed some synchronicities between the book and what's going on around me - was Helen really 'seduced' by Paris, or was she carried off like one of those grubs being anthandled back to the nest to be devoured? The antlike Myrmidons keep cropping up, too. Then I read that one of Priam's other sons is called Polites and at that point I just lost it laughing. Like, did he invent being polite? Before him everyone was just a massive rude shit. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wandered much further than the bits of this area I'd explored before, and the whole place is beautiful, just little woods of mostly quite small oaks, birches and beeches, bilberries (I think) underfoot, and wild garlic and bluebells as far as the eye can see - alternating with meadows, little lanes winding between farmsteads, tiny streams, marshy areas. I actually picked a bunch of wild garlic and brought it home with some vague idea of making it into pesto. (Did I mention this was the most middle-class trip report ever?)

The trees framing the sun give the impression of being the pillars in some great cathedral. Closing my eyes intensified the impression, and it's all golden motes, drifting endlessly upwards, the sun filtered through leaves as if through a huge rose window.

I eventually put some music on. Devin Townsend's Infinity, probably no-one else's cup of tea here, but it just sounds fucking great, like I don't even have words for how lush and full it sounds. I realize there are intricacies in the music I've never fully appreciated before.

Anyway I got home and found myself pretty famished, so I piled head first into some bread and cheese. It's funny, something I've noticed before actually on mushrooms, is that no matter how hungry I get while tripping I never crave meat. I can see why psychedelics are conducive to a vegetarian culture (like the old joke about how, if you'd taken as much acid as Paul McCartney had, you wouldn't eat anything that once had a face, either). It also reminds me of how it's common in premodern cultures where drugs are used in this way for participants not to eat meat or eggs for a few days beforehand, and usually to abstain from sex, too.

Turned on the radio and there's some astonishing orchestral jazz, the sort of thing that really warrants the word 'cosmic', from Linda May Han Oh. Pretty good synchronicity, I thought. Jan Gabarek on sax follows, which is great too. Should definitely listen out for more of this stuff.

Drank some cider, because there's nothing wrong with a couple of pints when you're coming down off the peak, and lay in the bath - reading the Wake! Pretty much perfectly conducive. It's been several hours now where I'm in that warm comfortable phase that feels a lot like an MDMA high only without any of the speediness, jaw clenching and so on. Think I'll sleep well tonight.

Last edited:

luka

Sounfs lile like you did well tea. Well handled. Proud of you. I was on a lot yesterday wandering through the busiest bits of nightlife London which was an eye opener but that's a story for another time.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The evening ended with both me and one of the cats chasing a big fly around the bedroom. I even grabbed a deodorant spray and lighter to use as a makeshift flamethrower (this is an excellent way to kill flies, by the way, as it makes you feel a bit like Sigourney Weaver in Aliens) but, luckily for the fly, it vacated the room by that point.

muser

Last time I took mushrooms I was on a 40 hour odd train from Hanoi to HCMC in a birth with a couple of mates lots of whiskey and some zopiclone. Had some argument that came to punches, I pissed myself at some point, playing beach boys really loud through a portable speaker, one of the female rail-workers punched one of us as we were getting off. Decided to never speak to one another about it again. Overall great experience I'd give 4/5.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I just took my bass along to a bar that has a Sunday afternoon jam session and found a guitarist and drummer just setting up. Introduced myself and we played some blissed out improv jazz-rock to a crowd of drinkers outside in the sunshine. Eventually we were joined by another guitarist, a sax player and a dude with a fucking hurdy gurdy. Best weekend I've had in years.

Last edited:

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT

Tried this today. Not as exciting as the standard gear.

Describe it if you can. I've heard varied reports. Most, like the author of The Tryptamine Palace, say it is the ultimate. Psychedelic enthusiast/MMA commentator/stand-up comic/wild game hunter Joe Rogan describes it as a total OBE where you float in a space that can only be described as sheer whiteness, like fusing with the light at the end of the NDE tunnel. I had some in the early 'oughties, before Operation Web Tryp, but was clueless about the whole freebasing process and experienced very little. I did accidentally stumble on a preparation for ayahuasca that is superior (for my purposes at least) to the Amazonian preparation.

luka

It's not the ultimate. Normal dmts is the ultimate. 5 meo is no content. Empty mind. As opposed to standard DMT, content overload. Know what I mean?

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Sounds about right. I suspect I would prefer MEO. Last time I did DMT (changa actually), the first thing it told me was "you don't like me very much." Then it dropped me into some kind of trash compactor. Then I worked my way out of a 7 layer burrito of hell, kicked the shit out of it, turned it inside-out, got up and took a piss, went back to bed and closed my eyes to find Thoth or some other godform cut off my nose, then we almost had it out before everyone settled down, formed a circle, and started generating.