Apparelled in celestial light,
The glory and the freshness of a dream.
It is not now as it hath been of yore;—
Turn wheresoe'er I may,
By night or day.
The things which I have seen I now can see no more

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I've got a cousin who is so mentally fucked, has abstracted himself so out of existence and his own vehicle of flesh and bone that he told me pleasure and pain don't operate as motivational levers for him. When suffering he can't find any valid reason to try and move away from the source of suffering. It doesn't transfer to a scale of values for him, it's just experience. It means he can't move at all. He's stuck. His coordinate points have been blasted away.

Buddha said 'do nothing, life's too short.' sounds like your cuz is wiser than you think breh.

luka

He's drastically unhappy and feels powerless to change it. He's not stupid but he's lost.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
There are some people who say the depressed person's outlook is the most honest one of all. Another one is 'if you're not depressed, you're not paying attention.' How many of the great minds died stark raving bonkers?

luka

Possibly but sounds a bit self defeating to me. Poetix wrote a book about how being depressed was political but I confess I haven't read it (partly cos it is also about death metal!)

I must admit I disapprove of depression.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Having been depressed I can confirm that it's a useless state to be in.

Sanity doesn't mean thinking you and everything else is worthless. Maybe in a nihilist's eyes.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Drugs open the Stargate to demons. I think Luka said something like this. I've had some get into my head but I managed to evacuate them quickly - blessedly.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Drugs open the Stargate to demons. I think Luka said something like this. I've had some get into my head but I managed to evacuate them quickly - blessedly.

If you've never waltzed with a foam mouthed kali atop an endless firey pit to the sounds of the orchestra of tortured souls then you haven't lived, quite frankly.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Buddha said 'do nothing, life's too short.'

Gotta say, that's not *exactly* what I got from reading Alan Watts.

Having said that, Buddhism is most certainly a fundamentally pessimistic mode of thought. "Life is suffering" is the first Noble Truth. Ligotti is good on this in 'The Conspiracy against the Human Race'.

droid

They may be related in cause and effect but there's a sharp delineation between philosophical pessimism and medically diagnosable depression.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Gotta say, that's not *exactly* what I got from reading Alan Watts.

I was paraphrasing. But Buddha and old alky pants Watts are two different things. He called himself a spiritual entertainer to avoid criticism. He cherry picked from a bunch of religions. Very cool guy and damn good speaker though.

Was under general anaesthetic a few hours ago so I may be a little more loose than normal. Will hopefully have worn off by sunrise

Anyone ever tried propofol or fentanyl?

Last edited:

luka

Not me. I want to know when corpse is next going to take a megadose of acid. Also want to know what visual effects you lot get on these things. Where on the scale From mild distortion to a completely new unrecognisable reality.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also want to know what visual effects you lot get on these things. Where on the scale From mild distortion to a completely new unrecognisable reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anadenanthera_peregrina#Entheogenic_uses

It's the only stuff that's given me fully immersive 3-D closed-eye visuals.

A complete virtual reality of pulsing, geometrical colour. I've had shimmering, sliding, Escher-esque mosaics on mushrooms, but this had depth.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
As a very English (trademark thirdform) person I'm not so into the visuals, in fact I often find myself wishing I could switch them on and off. I'm more interested in the effect on thinking and perception of the 'actual' world.

The visuals can be cool though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, they are fundamentally decorative, rather than integral to the psychic experience. Still pretty cool though.

luka

I don't get visual. Woops told me the world turns into a rave flyer which sounds cool

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't get visual. Woops told me the world turns into a rave flyer which sounds cool

Yeah that sounds about right. I mean, it's hardly coincidental!

The closed-eye visuals from a strong dose of opium are fucking next level. Totally unlike those from psychedelics - very structured. Sometimes it's like flying at great speed across landscapes, all mountains and plains and vast lakes and rivers. Other times it reminds me of Lovecraft when he's ripping off Dunsany; wondrous marble cities with golden domes and spires and minarets all glinting in the sunset.

The couple of times I tried DXM I had surreal and subtly disturbing dream-visions, like an animated Magritte painting. Didn't like that stuff at all.

Last edited: