Megabats

martin

----
I think they're cool :cool:. They look like foxes on mind-blowing LSD with leather jackets, who can fly. Vegetarian too.

Only just realised you can get them in exotic pet shops in the UK! Though, as usual, the do-gooders advise against keeping them. Would also ward off Jehovah's Witnesses and bailiffs if you left them hanging on the front door.

I think they're cool :cool:. They look like foxes on mind-blowing LSD with leather jackets, who can fly. Vegetarian too.

Only just realised you can get them in exotic pet shops in the UK! Though, as usual, the do-gooders advise against keeping them. Would also ward off Jehovah's Witnesses and bailiffs if you left them hanging on the front door.

If you don't have airspace for a MEGABAT, sugar gliders are cool

e824b5c565abbae7d3b08281b97d93e7.jpg

I recall being a front seat passenger in a jeep, on the way home from an all-nighter in Bali, when a Megabat flew into our windscreen. Spreadeagled across the glass, he appeared more annoyed than shocked (pace Thomas Nagel), so it probably wasn't the first time. Being a very low speed collision, he survived and gathered himself up on the bonnet before springing away.

We also had to slow down to allow a really impressively massive spider to cross the road, thought that may have been during another drive.