Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: QUESTION/DO YOU BELEIVE IN FALSE CONSCIOUSNESS?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    make britain great innit. british jobs for british workers, left wing version.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    you seen di linke trying to meet AfD half way?

    cynical cultural capital.

    i don't believe in voting. but if i did and i wasn't a filthy brown barbarian then why shouldn't i vote for the right.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    Gramsci was stalin's hatchet job man actually. you'd know this if you studied italian communism.
    Well that's pretty much exactly my point right there.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    Er excuse me i didn't vote in your poncy referendum.
    "My" referendum? Lolwhut?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    classic apologist for evil. wheres the artillery?
    Evil is a weird religious concept.

    We’ll give the guns to the women. Avoid all that macho military stuff.

    Killing Corbyn or Trump or an oil baron in isolation will only make things far far worse. Look what happens when a cop gets killed.

    Understand the balance of forces.

    Build communities of resistance. Then arm them. Not the other way round.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Also thirdform is probably right to be irked at Danny’s comments about Marxists. But probably Danny has met a lot of plonkers in his time also.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    they made those choises. the 'machinery' didnt force them to do it.
    The machinery rewards people richly for making those choices. Not everyone will make them. But more than the amount needed to keep the shitshow running will crawl through a mile of broken glass just to be in with a chance to be asked.

    If that changes, the rewards will increase even more.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:


  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Well that's pretty much exactly my point right there.
    haha no mate. the classic leftist/liberal interpretation of gramsci is a great theorist of hegemony who was stalin's victim. nothing could be further from the truth. Gramsci sided with Togliatti against the Italian left opposition and the committee of intesa. against the policy of bolshevisation applied by the comintern headed by Zenoviev.

    the left ideologically refused to capitulate to the nonsense of united fronts, crossclass antifa and the idiocy of a 'workers government.'

    lol. I'm not a leninist but the italian ultraleft was pretty muchthe the only movement to originate from Leninism who went against market socialism and didn't believe in the puerile shit of a state being able to form a mode of production. whereas the trots and even those who broke away saw socialism as being congealed in the state form. State capitalism! what nonsense — capitalism plain and simple. the state is always subordinate to the imperatives of global capital.
    Last edited by thirdform; 25-07-2018 at 03:27 AM.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Also thirdform is probably right to be irked at Danny’s comments about Marxists. But probably Danny has met a lot of plonkers in his time also.
    im definitely not hurt lol in fact i'd probably hand it to him... and from his postings on Syria he def knows whats up compared to most so called marxists with a hard on for assad.
    Last edited by thirdform; 25-07-2018 at 03:29 AM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:


  12. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    "My" referendum? Lolwhut?
    remainers. thought you were reactionaries for choosing not to vote or vote leave, like as if that has ever mattered. 'the eu protects workers and disabled rights.' yeah right!

  13. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    7,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Evil is a weird religious concept.

    We’ll give the guns to the women. Avoid all that macho military stuff.

    Killing Corbyn or Trump or an oil baron in isolation will only make things far far worse. Look what happens when a cop gets killed.

    Understand the balance of forces.

    Build communities of resistance. Then arm them. Not the other way round.
    You can do both. 90% of the worlds emissions come from the activities of 78 companies. And these companies knew what was happening back in the early 80's.

    This is the greatest evil in human history which will probably result in the deaths of billions of people. Any action taken against them is justified.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:


  15. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    haha no mate. the classic leftist/liberal interpretation of gramsci is a great theorist of hegemony who was stalin's victim. nothing could be further from the truth. Gramsci sided with Togliatti against the Italian left opposition and the committee of intesa. against the policy of bolshevisation applied by the comintern headed by Zenoviev.

    the left ideologically refused to capitulate to the nonsense of united fronts, crossclass antifa and the idiocy of a 'workers government.'

    lol. I'm not a leninist but the italian ultraleft was pretty muchthe the only movement to originate from Leninism who went against market socialism and didn't believe in the puerile shit of a state being able to form a mode of production. whereas the trots and even those who broke away saw socialism as being congealed in the state form. State capitalism! what nonsense — capitalism plain and simple. the state is always subordinate to the imperatives of global capital.
    Not gonna lie, Gramsci was the first arbitrary historical Marxist (or however you want to categorise him) that popped into my head.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 25-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  16. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    remainers. thought you were reactionaries for choosing not to vote or vote leave, like as if that has ever mattered. 'the eu protects workers and disabled rights.' yeah right!
    Actually I agree with a lot of this. I voted Remain, but with reservations, because obviously the EU is very, very far from perfect and is in urgent need of reform, or maybe replacement by something entirely new. (If it was as wonderful for everyone as some of the more starry-eyed Remainers insist, you have to ponder why so many people - throughout Europe - are opposed to it.) And I think a lot of pro-Remain voices made a big error by assuming right from the start that racism and xenophobia are only reasons anyone could have for wanted to leave, which had something like the effect of Clinton's 'basket of deplorables' comment on a lot of undecided voters in the USA two years ago. It's like "You want 'arrogant liberal elite'? OK, we're gonna give you 'arrogant liberal elite'!".

    At the same time, a large part of the pro-Leave movement, particularly Leave.EU, the UKIP effort and the Sun/Mail/Express, was obviously led by people who are xenophobic, if not outright racist, and they're currently ballsing up any chance the country has of getting a deal that's not a complete disaster.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  17. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    oh the party political/borg media leave movement is jingoistic, left or right.
    Last edited by thirdform; 25-07-2018 at 03:31 PM.

  18. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    tip is like this:
    skip straight to chapter 15 of capital preferably sleep deprived cos thats how i did it when i first wanted to understand it and i had a tangentially related exam the next day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •