Lizard Conspiracy Thread

Woebot

OK this probably deserves its own thread what with its murky persistency :(

my children told me that justin bieber and mark zuckerberg are lizards. i felt duty bound to point out that this was probably the nasty anti-semitic conspiracy theory:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-mark-zuckerberg-embraced-his-judaism/

i didn't think bieber was jewish but i did discover this:

"And though the teen pop sensation Justin Bieber is not Jewish, he has a ritual of saying the most important statement to the Jewish people before each of his concerts. It turns out that his agent, Scott “Scooter” Braun, taught Bieber the “Shema Yisrael” and now the 16-year-old says those Hebrew words (in addition to a Christian prayer) before taking the stage.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Perhaps belongs in luka's thread if it's not been already expressed but I think we NEED adversaries - we're wired for it

In today's society it's too confusing to select an adversary so people make up that lizards control the world

It would be perversely comforting to have a common enemy - hence the eternal popularity of e.g. Lord of the Rings. The Orcs have no nuance, they're all cannibalistic psychotic bastards. (And obviously have some sort of racist undertone.)

version

A girl I knew in school looked like a lizard once when I dropped acid with her, never had it happen with anyone else. Maybe she was a lizard.

forclosure

Comedy aint cancelled its just all the old guard aint funny anymore and podcasts damaged all their brains into thinking that they wernt just comedians anymore theyre "social commentators" people dont wanna just hear jokes they want to know their views on social issues