Japanese Ambient Muzak

droid

That's bizarre.

How abut Yoshio Ojima? Takashi Kokubo? Yaz Kaz? Aki Tsuyuko? Akira Ito? Kuniyuki Takahashi? Masayuki Koga? Masumi Hara? Nobukazu Takemura? Nobuo Uematsu? Satoshi Ashikawa? Shiho Yabuki? Takashi Kokubo? Takahiko Ishikawa? Takatoshi Naitoh? Yoichiro Yoshikawa? Yutaka Hirose?

Or contemporary artists like Hirotaka Shirotsubaki, Masayo Kato, Masayoshi Fujita, Meitei, Ryosuke Miyata, Tomonari Nozaki, Toshimaru Nakamura, Toshiya Tsunoda, Tujiko Noriko, Yui Onodera, Hakobune?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Matt, you should have put Droid on speakerphone at that secondhand store in Tokyo and let him harangue them with that list in a tone of increasing disbelief

PS You've sorted my work youtube listening for today - I listened to, and liked Music for Nine Postcards, but never followed up on the later records

droid

Wet land as well, another beauty.

Its awful to think Yoshimura isn't getting the recognition he deserves in Japan. He is perhaps the greatest exponent of possibly the purest interpretation of ambient music.

Woebot

Matt, you should have put Droid on speakerphone at that secondhand store in Tokyo and let him harangue them with that list in a tone of increasing disbelief

PS You've sorted my work youtube listening for today - I listened to, and liked Music for Nine Postcards, but never followed up on the later records

ha ha ha. he has his [many] talents.

it was a blessing because i'm not actually buying music these days. in fact i was chaperoning my daughter who has the bug...

so i can at least tell my older self that i did have a peek for him.

this is the one for me:

and this guy posted a FLAC of it (presumably ripped from the CD) so you can roll your own hiQ one of you're so inclined...
https://www.fondsound.com/hiroshi-yoshimura-green-1986/

Woebot

That's bizarre.

How abut Yoshio Ojima? Takashi Kokubo? Yaz Kaz? Aki Tsuyuko? Akira Ito? Kuniyuki Takahashi? Masayuki Koga? Masumi Hara? Nobukazu Takemura? Nobuo Uematsu? Satoshi Ashikawa? Shiho Yabuki? Takashi Kokubo? Takahiko Ishikawa? Takatoshi Naitoh? Yoichiro Yoshikawa? Yutaka Hirose?

Or contemporary artists like Hirotaka Shirotsubaki, Masayo Kato, Masayoshi Fujita, Meitei, Ryosuke Miyata, Tomonari Nozaki, Toshimaru Nakamura, Toshiya Tsunoda, Tujiko Noriko, Yui Onodera, Hakobune?

honestly! lol :crylarf: ❌

droid

Thats a great site. I found a brilliant massage album there a while back.

I mentioned it on the ambient thread, but this guy posts great YT vids and often adds lossless downloads in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RVESJTf_zSaFB8qGoxOnA

Ive been flirting with Yoshio Ojima on twitter for the last year or so, and Celer has hooked me up with a couple of Japanese producers. Would like to do a radio special with some interviews.. but the language barrier, not to mention the time difference creates some challenges.

rubberdingyrapids

there were two, well circulated japanese ambient mixes done idk, about 5-10 years ago, that i used to listen to a lot, but cant remember the names of at ALL.
can anyone point me in the direction of the mixes or the blog they came from?
thanking you kindly in advance!

rubberdingyrapids

a long while ago, kode 9 did a special radio show on rinse fm where he played pretty much only japanese ambient music.
long shot but would anyone have this show or know where to find it?
i googled but came up with nothing.