luka

a couple of nights ago i thought id give myself a break from my monastic life and drink 3 pints.
that led to me getting a tesco 'stonebaked' margarita on the way home. it's what the americans
would call my 'go-to' supermarket pizza. not too big. not too small. tripled the amount of cheese by adding grated cheddar.

what sort of drone neuter eats pizza, anyway?
that's not what humans are supposed to eat.
as obligate carnivores and apex predators the only thing that should be on a pizza is meat, no bread, and maybe some cheese of human milk.
that said, I'll happily put a Pizza Express Calabrese behind my face.
filename-7070533897-7f27a9de3e.jpg

Last edited:

luka

i love pizza express. im a passionate beleiver in pizza express but the primary failing of pizza express is a soggy base. time and time again the base is soggy and youre eating gooey pap. it doesnt have to be that way but it so often is.

id love to take you all to pizza expression for a pizza party. id get us all those massive big peronis before moving on to a bottle of nice easy drinking red wine that tastes like adult ribena.

luka

id sit next to third form cos hes the new boy and he needs to be made to feel welcome

luka

im about to go and buy myself a supermarket pizza. i quite fancy one of those ones
covered in vegetables. i never buy those ones. i just got a craving for one. i dont know why.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I like Dr Oetker myself. It's always tasty and they have loads of variety so you never need to get bored - supermarkets here seem to have more toppings and even more types (different base ones, premium ones etc) than you get in the UK. One time in London a couple of Russian guys came to stay with us and they bought some Dr Oetker pizzas from a corner shop next to our house and they LOVED them, they kept banging on about how good they were. It was a bit weird actually but I do applaud their taste. Although come to think of it I rarely try their competitors, if it aint broke...
As for NY pizzas, I went to one of the most famous ones and it was ok. Come to think of it pizzas are one of the things they don't do so well here in Portugal - they care too much about their own food to learn how to do stuff from other countries properly. I do like Franco Manca in London though obviously it has been diluted since the original guy sold up and they turned it into a chain.

luka

i was quite disappointed that day cos neither co-op nor tesco had one of those vegetable pizzas.
they both did a spinach and ricotta thing which doesn't float my boat. maybe they're phasing out the vegetable pizzas. it would be sad if that were to happen. i really fancied one that night and i couldnt get one.