Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: In defence of post dubstep

This thread set me off on a Coki thing. He definitely had a singular sound, everyone copied it but nobody sounded like him. You could hear his tunes from a mile off.

I'd completely forgotten about this too:

"I be the old school, rude boy, roughneck soldier. Now I'm getting older, heart is getting colder... "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Firstly, welcome to the forum!...
    some fucking welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    some fucking welcome.
    i hope we've got a woman dissensoid finally u lot are not interested in man of steel gay gabba.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

i'm only playing hard to get.

Playboi Barti

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    Playboi Barti
    this is brilliant. shame on everyone else (including myself) for not thinking of this sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    i hope we've got a woman dissensoid finally u lot are not interested in man of steel gay gabba.

Hipsters were an integral part of the hardcore continuum. In many respects the hardcore continuum was working class whites and black people seeing what they could do with the stimuli offered by hipsters. When hipsters are written out of the picture, that's how you end up with road rap. It loses its futurist edge.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpressJess View Post
    Hipsters were an integral part of the hardcore continuum. In many respects the hardcore continuum was working class whites and black people seeing what they could do with the stimuli offered by hipsters. When hipsters are written out of the picture, that's how you end up with road rap. It loses its futurist edge.
    I mean I would agree with that to an extent but what happened with post-dubstep is it cut itself off from the scene... Johnny L was a jazzcat u lot know, john b was into stockhausen and shit, artwork used to make techno as grain.

Well, the nuum kinda died by 2011 didn't it tho.

i mean this is still ahead of most post-dubstep.

you know how you'll get those old ravers saying jungle and happy shouldn't have split, well that's how i feel about grime and dubstep. by 07 each went their own ways and had something lacking. nowadays grime fans have merged into UK rap and drill if it ain't just doing the cultural browbeating thing.

i mean that's my whole argument, reterritorialisation is a decadent symptom of late capitalism. the continuum could not be immune from this even if it wanted to. sometimes u just gotta let hings be.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    oh some of it is undoubtedly great music, pev, girl unit, early pangaea, ramadanman, 2562, etc.

The problem was when it became its own thing so you'd have post-dubstep/future garage producers who would reference other post-dubstep producers and it would become a circlejerk. A bit like what happened with idm when it got big in the US, people listening to Autechre without out knowing about Man Parrish or Juan Atkins.

This is why i always went to nights that were kinda on the outer edges of that scene like Colony, who would play banging techno, pan sonic type harsh noise bits, and book jungle purists like Equinox sci wax amongst the UK bass mutations.

reterritorialisation.

still a slammin tune. sorta true skool post-dubstep i guess.