Thread: LDN: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney 4 Oct - March

Default LDN: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney 4 Oct - March

I have helped in a very minor way with this - it should be good:

Roots, Rhythms & Records: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney

Hackney Museum: 4 October 2018 – 16 March 2019

“From making beats in bedrooms to performing on stage, enjoying sounds in shebeens to looking sharp for the club, this exhibition explores the history of African and Caribbean music in Hackney.

Through stories of musical innovation, distribution and enjoyment, this exhibition celebrates the impact of African and Caribbean music in Hackney and beyond.

Join us for the exhibition launch on Thursday 4th October, from 6pm. Free, please RSVP here: https://bit.ly/2Cg0a2H

FREE

Hackney Museum
    Ground Floor
    Technology and Learning Centre
    1 Reading Lane
    E8 1GQ

https://www.hackney.gov.uk/museum-visiting

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

Sounds ace, will check for sure.

Jon, you know about the Penny Reel memorial thing on Thursday? Hackney Picturehouse - will be there, childcare permitting.

Hey Danny

Good stuff - I didn't know about the Hackney Picturehouse thing.

A bit awkward for me as the workers there are asking people not to attend until they get paid the London Living Wage...

Well, I guess at least it's not a film, and it's a community event. I'll be there for definite anyway. Do you know my mate Ritchie? (Sikh guy). He's one of the organisers and been doing some great tribute shows. If you come it means I'll have someone else to talk to!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Well, I guess at least it's not a film, and it's a community event. I'll be there for definite anyway. Do you know my mate Ritchie? (Sikh guy). He's one of the organisers and been doing some great tribute shows. If you come it means I'll have someone else to talk to!
    I'll see how I get on.

Richie is cool, I was thinking the other day about the incredible "big people" events he used to run at The Others on Manor Road near me...

Exhibition opened tonight and is very good.

will pop in soon. well done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: