LDN: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney 4 Oct - March

john eden

male pale and stale
I have helped in a very minor way with this - it should be good:

dmpn0ffw4aajzag.jpg

Roots, Rhythms & Records: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney

Hackney Museum: 4 October 2018 – 16 March 2019

“From making beats in bedrooms to performing on stage, enjoying sounds in shebeens to looking sharp for the club, this exhibition explores the history of African and Caribbean music in Hackney.

Through stories of musical innovation, distribution and enjoyment, this exhibition celebrates the impact of African and Caribbean music in Hackney and beyond.

Join us for the exhibition launch on Thursday 4th October, from 6pm. Free, please RSVP here: https://bit.ly/2Cg0a2H

FREE

Hackney Museum
Ground Floor
Technology and Learning Centre
1 Reading Lane
E8 1GQ

https://www.hackney.gov.uk/museum-visiting

DannyL

Wild Horses
Sounds ace, will check for sure.

Jon, you know about the Penny Reel memorial thing on Thursday? Hackney Picturehouse - will be there, childcare permitting.

john eden

male pale and stale
Hey Danny

Good stuff - I didn't know about the Hackney Picturehouse thing.

A bit awkward for me as the workers there are asking people not to attend until they get paid the London Living Wage...

DannyL

Wild Horses
Well, I guess at least it's not a film, and it's a community event. I'll be there for definite anyway. Do you know my mate Ritchie? (Sikh guy). He's one of the organisers and been doing some great tribute shows. If you come it means I'll have someone else to talk to!

john eden

male pale and stale
Well, I guess at least it's not a film, and it's a community event. I'll be there for definite anyway. Do you know my mate Ritchie? (Sikh guy). He's one of the organisers and been doing some great tribute shows. If you come it means I'll have someone else to talk to!

I'll see how I get on.

Richie is cool, I was thinking the other day about the incredible "big people" events he used to run at The Others on Manor Road near me...