Pitchfork's '200 Best Albums of the 1980s'

droid

It is a good record, played it on the radio last month actually, and no huge objection to the ambient/avant stuff, that one just seemed to stand out like a sore thumb, especially with no On Land.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sometimes. their taste isn't any better or worse than overeducated whatever aesthete critics. it's just different.

talking more critical taste in prole-coded music, what it does and doesn't include.

i.e. dumb metal but not dumb hardcore (instead, artier smarter hardcore) for whatever reason. roots, not dancehall.

I don't have a sweeping theorem of it but I know when I see it you know.

haha yeah. I just hate the hippie aesthetic in music. when i was a teenager like 14-15 i thought all those cannonical 60s/70s bands were mindblowing but actually the more i went into free jazz and avant-electronix i was like meh give me aretha's first three on atlantic over, oh, despairing fucking hell, pink floyd dsotm.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I actually want to delete all my floyd albums cos waters is an odious man. I mean I like music made by horrible and reactionary people but floyd don't even have that transcendent luxury.