luka

this thread is about process. surely you can see that?

i really want to get through to you cos i see your brain as a huge impermeable block of concrete and it would give me great personal satisfaction to drill a hole in it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
im vexed at Verso this evening. I thought the ebook version of MBTTS was first gonna come in August 2018, then October 2018, now October 2020?

fuuuuuck off I couldn't even get half way through this bad pdf.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
tho even in the real world things are almost always more fluid than concrete

concrete isn't impermeable. it just takes longer for the water to gradually seep in.

luka

it's about process at a subconscious level

it's about a historical-technological process and how that interacts with and is manifested in human societies, human perceptions, human emotions, human actions and interactions, human 'products' from songs to architecture to industrial design and anything else anyone would like to add to the pot.

it's no different to marx asking what capitalism is doing to people and their societies. i dont know what the problem is.

luka

it's all about process, it just happens to be a process we are involved in, swept up on and of a piece with- which means we can interrogate our own selves for clues.

padraig (u.s.)

one could say it's a different means of investigating the same process

just not one that I'm really trying to engage with, beyond disengaging from it

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
marx praised capitalism quite a bit, especially through its dissolusion of individual property, resulting in the breaking apart of traditional kinship and land ties.

In fact this dispossession is the precondition for communism through the negation of private property, whereby the previous pre-capitalist individualised property is re-affirmed, only in social form.

luka

marx praised capitalism quite a bit, especially through its dissolusion of individual property, resulting in the breaking apart of traditional kinship and land ties.

In fact this dispossession is the precondition for communism through the negation of private property, whereby the previous pre-capitalist individualised property is re-affirmed, only in social form.

yes i know. im not either praising or condemning the current stage. im merely asking what is happening, what possibilities open up, which possibilities are barred. etc etc. i love a bit of jung dont get me wrong but it's not jungian at all. its phenomenological. im saying, look, listen, feel, register emotional and visceral responses etc etc

i dont know why this thread has been the most misunderstood one ive ever started. it's sort of intriguing to me.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's misunderstood in the sense that people can't tell you why they believe in God. It's so variable as to be meaningless. that age old problem in anglo-analytical philosophy. how do we talk about statements that can't be verified or falsified?

But you don't seem want to accept dialectics either.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
you want to accept a qualitative break without acknowledging its opposite, what it negated, what it will negate. you are more concerned on the level of myth making, of symbolic associations. this actually opens backdoor in for the rationalisable totality (god.)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
We can't talk about godlessness when God perpetuates its death. this is why soul as we know it won't disappear. It's only that god wrestles with the private property integument. so people define God in ways to suit them. which kinda has a bit of a disgusting aura to it.

luka

lads, youve lost sight of what is in front of your eyes. i can help you but you will have to stop reading those books and get back to basics.

padraig (u.s.)

in Antiquity you would've been a darned good priest of a Dionysian mystery cult centered on hallucinogens, and snakes or bulls or something

padraig (u.s.)

hell you know I would've been down for hallucinogens and weird cult orgies in a cave on a Greek hillside

I just don't buy into the mysteries themselves - I wanna know their exegesis

nothing but respect for your game tho, you know that