luka

my famous book, VEGETABLE EMPIRE, describes the waves of convergence and divergence, porosity and impermeability, 0 and 1, horizontal and vertical.
(audio book version)

you can see it at work in scenes, where eventually different tendencies formalise themselves and split off, you can see it with protestant church splitting from Rome and then fracturing into a thousand pieces, you can see it with politics (peoples front of judea etc)

imagine a repeat of the acid house summer of love :) with stabbing gangs standing in for football hooligans. love ya mate yeah love ya mate. ))))))):love:(((((((

t.s eliot's The Wasteland is divergence and separation. "I can connect nothing with nothing."
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/47311/the-waste-land

Vegetable Empire is the cure. (rustic rites of regeneration) the reentry of magic into the circuit. everything connects. and history starts moving again.

Last edited:

luka

so that settles it. we are moving into a new era, inaugurated by vegetable empire. lucky me, what a great honour.

there is only One Writer and he sits plumply outside-of-time

Burlybrook of Curlycrook, Varnisher of Fable, Foremost of Fabulists, most Famed among Fantasists,
Fount and Font of Fond Fancy, proud Prince of Fictons, most Feted and Fecund embellisher of retold tales,First favoured son of Thoth, Mythmender, dreamweaver, Darling of Time, Most Musical of verse vendors, very vaunted ventriloquist of Insoul, Onesoul, Mysoul and Oursoul

Amen.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
my famous book, VEGETABLE EMPIRE, describes the waves of convergence and divergence, porosity and impermeability, 0 and 1, horizontal and vertical.
(audio book version)

you can see it at work in scenes, where eventually different tendencies formalise themselves and split off, you can see it with protestant church splitting from Rome and then fracturing into a thousand pieces, you can see it with politics (peoples front of judea etc)

imagine a repeat of the acid house summer of love :) with stabbing gangs standing in for football hooligans. love ya mate yeah love ya mate. ))))))):love:(((((((

t.s eliot's The Wasteland is divergence and separation. "I can connect nothing with nothing."
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/47311/the-waste-land

Vegetable Empire is the cure. (rustic rites of regeneration) the reentry of magic into the circuit. everything connects. and history starts moving again.
is there a text available of VEGETABLE EMPIRE? would like to read it

luka

there is but i've run out. im hoping to go and print off another run tomorrow. it shouldnt be difficult but laziness might get the better of me.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
aren't they wanky trip hop? all the middle class girls and sixth form boys at my high school loved massive attack and portishead.

The word paranoia popped into my head reading your post and the first thing that came to mind was k&d.

Some of the lyrics are cheese but the vibe be right

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Surprised to see Kruder & Dorfmeister being repped on Dissensus, but I have a nostalgic soft spot for that album that doesn't extend to any other trip-hop save the eternally controversial (in aesthetic terms) Tricky. On one level it's indefensible, but I still like it, and isn't that one of the joys of life.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok ok im listening.

So far this sounds like turn of the millennium tesco music.

ok can i tell that nice girl at the counter to scan in my condoms.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
N05058_10.jpg

luka

one of my musician mates was telling me he has all these spaces in his computer, like for example,
notre dame cathedrel, the sonic signature of the space, so he can hit a snare drum then play it thorugh the space so it takes on those acoustic propeties and they can map any space like that.

if youd have got there in time you could have had the black ark, or d&d studios, or any other magico-mythical studio or concert hall.

blissblogger

you can buy some kind of software or hardware that recreates the sound of Abbey Road in 1965, and another one that does that for the mixing desk and the signature effects etc for Abbey Road 1966, and so on. Cos they were leaping ahead technically at such a pace in those years, there are distinct production sounds

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
one of my musician mates was telling me he has all these spaces in his computer, like for example,
notre dame cathedrel, the sonic signature of the space, so he can hit a snare drum then play it thorugh the space so it takes on those acoustic propeties and they can map any space like that.

if youd have got there in time you could have had the black ark, or d&d studios, or any other magico-mythical studio or concert hall.

impulse responses

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
convolution tech. it's been around for a while. the basic idea is you play a short click sound into a space and you then measure the acoustic response with several mics positioned around the room. you can set the mics up in different ways to get different acoustic signatures. like maybe you just want the back of the hall or, a more intimate close up with just a hint of far away reverberations. altiverb was one of the first plugins to really take this far with sounds from the taj mahal, tutankhamun's tomb, endless churches & all manner of famous recording rooms. the one flaw with the original tech is that they record one single click. so whenever you trigger the reverb you basically get the same snapshot of the space played over and over again. it can end up sounding kind of sterile after prolonged listening and ears tend to get bored. but then along came nebula with it's own dynamic convolution system and that dealt pretty well with the issue. and they took it further than just reverb, they sampled the responses of all different kinds of hardware. classic mixing consoles, compressors, you name it. their original design was basically a library of gear in one plugin, but the interface left a lot to be desired. a bunch of pros on the production forums are swearing by it now though, so i guess it was worth the hassle. more recently they brought out much more user friendly plugins with proper UIs, but there's still too many quirks in use for me to be bothered with it. definitely an interesting option if you're patient and really care about hw sound.

the waves abbey road plugins are not based on convolution, it's regular algorhythmic and not all that convincing. it's marketing more than anything.

fun fact: a lot of the actual abbey road sound is from ww2 german audio gear which was designed for the nazis to broadcast messages to each other. companies like telefunken and siemens had loads of reich money pumped into them to research how to get the best qual sound possible for the time. to this day it still remains some of the best gear you can get.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
was listening to this last night. this album is classic of 2010s tbh. better than cosmagramma which was too mired in american parochialism and self-importance. 5/5.