Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Dematerialisation.

www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=1369

Searching for Mcluhan brought up this old thread. Could easily blend in here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    because my friends are normal folk most of the time i can get really attached to a moment in this digital reality, like if someone doesn't message me after a certain while i can get vexed, i can think they're ignoring me, or i can think they want to put me in the position of a client of a care worker. it's an odd feeling which i still haven't found in music.

and this can happen with people who i have hardlyv ever spoken to, i can construct images of what they are like without knowing anything about them, maybe not even their gender. it's very strange.
    music. music for this feeling plz.

twitter attachments to people you just follow.

music. music for this feeling plz.
    Kruder & Dorfmeister

what about when you're going through old forum posts from yonks back and you're oh shit, i was chatting a lot of shit this could be construed as crypto-racist. maybe marxist-atheism isn't such a good thing shiiiiit maybe i need the terror of hell to keep me moral and upright.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

progress markers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Music which blurs the line between human and machine?
    those faint backing vocals starting 1.26 sound like sine waves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

my famous book, VEGETABLE EMPIRE, describes the waves of convergence and divergence, porosity and impermeability, 0 and 1, horizontal and vertical.
    https://archive.org/details/vegemp (audio book version)

you can see it at work in scenes, where eventually different tendencies formalise themselves and split off, you can see it with protestant church splitting from Rome and then fracturing into a thousand pieces, you can see it with politics (peoples front of judea etc)

imagine a repeat of the acid house summer of love with stabbing gangs standing in for football hooligans. love ya mate yeah love ya mate. )))))))(((((((

t.s eliot's The Wasteland is divergence and separation. "I can connect nothing with nothing."
    https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...the-waste-land

Vegetable Empire is the cure. (rustic rites of regeneration) the reentry of magic into the circuit. everything connects. and history starts moving again.
    Last edited by luka; 16-10-2018 at 09:03 AM.

so that settles it. we are moving into a new era, inaugurated by vegetable empire. lucky me, what a great honour.

there is only One Writer and he sits plumply outside-of-time

Burlybrook of Curlycrook, Varnisher of Fable, Foremost of Fabulists, most Famed among Fantasists,
    Fount and Font of Fond Fancy, proud Prince of Fictons, most Feted and Fecund embellisher of retold tales,First favoured son of Thoth, Mythmender, dreamweaver, Darling of Time, Most Musical of verse vendors, very vaunted ventriloquist of Insoul, Onesoul, Mysoul and Oursoul

Amen.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    Kruder & Dorfmeister
    aren't they wanky trip hop? all the middle class girls and sixth form boys at my high school loved massive attack and portishead.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    my famous book, VEGETABLE EMPIRE, describes the waves of convergence and divergence, porosity and impermeability, 0 and 1, horizontal and vertical.
    https://archive.org/details/vegemp (audio book version)

you can see it at work in scenes, where eventually different tendencies formalise themselves and split off, you can see it with protestant church splitting from Rome and then fracturing into a thousand pieces, you can see it with politics (peoples front of judea etc)

imagine a repeat of the acid house summer of love with stabbing gangs standing in for football hooligans. love ya mate yeah love ya mate. )))))))(((((((

t.s eliot's The Wasteland is divergence and separation. "I can connect nothing with nothing."
    https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...the-waste-land

Vegetable Empire is the cure. (rustic rites of regeneration) the reentry of magic into the circuit. everything connects. and history starts moving again.
    is there a text available of VEGETABLE EMPIRE? would like to read it

there is but i've run out. im hoping to go and print off another run tomorrow. it shouldnt be difficult but laziness might get the better of me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

aren't they wanky trip hop? all the middle class girls and sixth form boys at my high school loved massive attack and portishead.
    The word paranoia popped into my head reading your post and the first thing that came to mind was k&d.

Some of the lyrics are cheese but the vibe be right

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Surprised to see Kruder & Dorfmeister being repped on Dissensus, but I have a nostalgic soft spot for that album that doesn't extend to any other trip-hop save the eternally controversial (in aesthetic terms) Tricky. On one level it's indefensible, but I still like it, and isn't that one of the joys of life.