pirates RIP sez NYT

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
rinse has gone so dull now, mates on there playing house and techno lol. not gonna cuss em out or anything but come on there are about 5 trillion house and techno podcasts anyway.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also i hope deep tech dies soon so UK sound system music can escape the tyranny of the 4x4 kickdrum.

Only ever works fantastically with cold, inhuman techno. well, chicago house but that's like 30 years ago now so excluding it.

forclosure

also i hope deep tech dies soon so UK sound system music can escape the tyranny of the 4x4 kickdrum.

Only ever works fantastically with cold, inhuman techno. well, chicago house but that's like 30 years ago now so excluding it.

this tweet comes to mind when i think of the overcrowding of techno/house djs these days

forclosure

When Flex FM got their license not too long ago it felt like some great totem of Pirate radio had been toppled over,i suppose it does come off silly to some to be mournful of some of these weird rikkity old stations in the face of the internet and community licenses but they are important and in some way or another they should still be continuing and carrying on because there is an important legacy to them.

But the issue nobody has an answer to is how to these places "modernize" without becoming dull and tasteless.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this tweet comes to mind when i think of the overcrowding of techno/house djs these days

punk > post-punk/industrial, experimental pop > alt rock/indie.

maps onto

detroit techno > stomping euro/industrial/hardcore techno > kompakt style poppy techno > all the post-minimal styles today.

obvs these things aren't diochronic and previous scenes exist, but in muted form.