Listening to A Clockwork Orange

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
I miss Bob Dobbs and hope he finally worked out how to transform your astral body into a virtual avatar, or like a videogame avatar you can flip into your social media profile (say, you get on yr LinkedIn and witness yr profile pic as a radiant God form, summoning Illuminati force, and hunting Deloitte while they merely scout you). I bet he cannot wait to finally unleash the cure for AIDS he's kept under lock and no key.

It took a quarter century for McLuan to get the vindication he deserves. Deserved. When will history realize Dobbs was right all along, too? We should embrace neurosis of the extended nervous system as the natural symptom of the arrival of a new kind of being, and instead of screaming when we realize, glazzies stretched by some impossibly sticky surface, we should smile knowing this cybernetic global network organism is eating us alive, stripping us clean and empty. Bone cold and empty but still alive, I think.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
YESSSSSSS agree 1000%

What you call dematerialization I have been calling de-realization. I can't articulate it now because I'm just too tired and about to go for my morning jog but simply put: we used to think space and time were absolute, the same everywhere. This was an assumption built into our perception of reality, and we were wrong. I think we do the same thing with our notion of existence or reality, in the sense we think something either ABSOLUTELY exists or ABSOLUTELY does not exist. To be or not to be. This assumption is built into language, into the core of logic itself, and I don't think this is an accident. This assumption is also incorrect. Which leads to the idea that something's existence can be variable, ie something can 30% exist or 90% exist, etc. This concept is near impossible to comprehend or articulate, because again it violates the core of logic and language itself (the "to be" verb/concept), but quantum mechanics, especially the Schrodinger wave equations, led us to this inevitable conclusion. Something's reality or existence is a variable quantity.

Which leads to the real insight, the important takeaway: reality is getting less real, it is going from 90% to 80% or whatever, while SIMULATION is getting more real. That's what I mean by de-realization and I bet that's close to what you mean by dematerialization.

Please, for the love of God, take more drugs. This is like some edgey media studies 1st year seminar wank. you seriously paid £9000 to say this?

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
This is like some edgey media studies 1st year seminar wank. you seriously paid £9000 to say this?

I don't see how my interpretation of Schrodinger's wave equations via deconstructing the "to be" verb/concept as indicative of variable ontology has anything to do with media studies. I'm not saying anything new here, just saying it in a slightly different way than, I dunno, the Copenhagen Interpretation, which essentially says nothing (including the observer?) exists until it is observed.

I get paid way more than that to say and do way nuttier things :crylarf:

I like you thirdform. I like the cut of your jib. :cool:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes it is. Thing is that as I spend more time in Russia/with Russians more of the words jump out at me. There is a Balabanov film called Brat/Brother so I know that word I suppose.