if you could choose only one hardcore mix for the uninitiate

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i mean for me the temptation is to go for one of randall's edge sets but that's maybe a bit too anti-populist.

context: my mum, who has never been exposed to black music save what's on turkish tv actually said she was into the idris muhammad and ambient jungle and detroit electro i was playing.

she says she's gonna rank all the music i play in the house. so why not the first real love, hardcore.

But you know, you need those plinky plonky oh my gosh mdma is so magical fuck sex im 14 white bangers don't you amongst the noise factory and shit, yer sy kick upside, rachael wallis I feel this way, infiltrate 202. etc etc etc. no liquid sweet harmony though. hate that tune.

i mean these days i just listen to dev null mixes for white labels or whatever.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the key is to have the pop and the headfuck rubbing against each other. maybe Woebet's london dreaming mix?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh found this one on the hd, billy daniel bunter epidemic 91-93.

has dj solo axis next to underground software different ting on it so yeah.

think it will do nicely. even tho it's really famous tunes.

blissblogger

this is an "old skool" set in the sense of it being done later as a nostalgia trip, rather than from the time itself - Slipmatt on One in the Jungle, Radio 1 1997

but a really good guided tour from about late 1990 to late 1992

happy but without being happy-hardcore

the sound is a bit muddy on MixCloud, i have brighter louder MP3 of it i did off the cassette I made off the radio

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
imo the best slipmatt mix ever is the one he did at arc leeds april 1993. one of the maddest sets ever.

imo the best slipmatt mix ever is the one he did at arc leeds april 1993. one of the maddest sets ever.

R-204235-1215423981.jpeg.jpg

Slipmatt's studio mix on this 3CD pack is perfect. It was released fully 5 years after it all happened, but even that's 21 years ago now.

Force & Styles and DJ Hype on the other two CDs, but they cannot compare. Makes my hair stand up for an hour or more, every time. Pavlovian.

The mix out of Breakin' Free into In Effect near the end is what came to mind when the Daily Mash wrote “When the universe eventually implodes, there will still be hardcore, just banging away in the void."

finally up on Youtube too

Last edited: