Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Novara Media

intransigence refers to something totally different in the ultra-left.

It refers to the left wing of the social democracy and revolutionary anarchists who stuck to their principles in WW I and the later bolshevisation and russification of the communist international.

In terms of that Corbyn is anything but an intransigent. He is a very slippery man who is no different from the tories. more cops, no reforms to prisons, no shutting of detention centres, no abolition of prevent. no struggle outside the trade unionsn, continued selling off of social housing.

how is he intransigent?

'the main enemy is at home' is the precondition for any internationalism. that's not corbyn.

I wouldn't even call Bastani a committed Stalinist though. He's a Stalinist only in terms of the clicks it generates. aesthetics. A bit of this and a bit of that.

A bit like that wasteman Paul Mason, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    'the main enemy is at home' is the precondition for any internationalism. that's not corbyn.
    I think this is very much Corbyn's position, if you look at his history, although I think you are putting a particular spin on it I don't fully get. His take on international politics is very much "bash the West" cf. Milne's infamous column "Can the US ever be defeated?"

I know nowt about Novara beyond seeing them argue with people I like - what' their positioning with regard to Russia, Putin etc?

I think Baboon was aiming just for the more colloquial meaning of intransigent - try and watch Corbyn answer a difficult question i.e. on Brexit. But maybe your "slippery" is better.

It's sort of fun watching this lot all skip around with Owen Jones on Twitter, being more Corbyn and more righteous than each other in a great feedback loop with occasional dissonance...

Jones is arguing with some people in their orbit at the moment because he writes for the Guardian, which should now be righteously boycotted for crimes against the working classes. So, he's gone full force on the Saudis and Universal Credit over the last two days.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    I think this is very much Corbyn's position, if you look at his history, although I think you are putting a particular spin on it I don't fully get. His take on international politics is very much "bash the West" cf. Milne's infamous column "Can the US ever be defeated?"

I know nowt about Novara beyond seeing them argue with people I like - what' their positioning with regard to Russia, Putin etc?
    my internationalism isn't bash the west. the main enemy at home applies just as much as it does in England as it does in great chauvinistic Russia.

They're filthy assadists, what else would you expect? Even had that lowest of the low, that scum who plays at being muslim, George Galloway on one of their shows/podcasts/whatever.

As far as I know Galloway has not been on Novara but Bastani went on his show and was then taken to pieces on social media for it - mainly for GGs sexist support of the wikileaks rapey guy.

Also not Assadists afaik. Theyve had some Kurds and Syrians on who seemed on the money to me but its not something I know a lot about.

But re: Corbyn - he is very selective about which bits of the UK ruling class he will attack. Bankers and tories are bad. Business and cops are good. The army, the royal family are not really mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    It's sort of fun watching this lot all skip around with Owen Jones on Twitter, being more Corbyn and more righteous than each other in a great feedback loop with occasional dissonance...
    Its like a particularly brutal David Attenborough documentary, all that. The young energetic pups try to take down the silverback. It just looks exhausting, why would anyone want that level of profile...

People who grew up on social media..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

i can guarantee u lot that ash sarkar wasn't listening to mak10 on rinse in 2005. that's the funniest thing about novara, them getting behind grime after its been dead for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    As far as I know Galloway has not been on Novara but Bastani went on his show and was then taken to pieces on social media for it - mainly for GG’s sexist support of the wikileaks rapey guy.

Also not Assadists afaik. They’ve had some Kurds and Syrians on who seemed on the money to me but it’s not something I know a lot about.

But re: Corbyn - he is very selective about which bits of the UK ruling class he will attack. Bankers and tories are bad. Business and cops are good. The army, the royal family are not really mentioned.

i saw bastani tar all of the syrian opposition with the jihadist label earlier this year during the iranian protests. But if im wrong then plz correct me.

and you know, I'm not one of those gullable trots who think syria's gonna achieve a communist revolution in 2018. But there is a qualitative difference between yer nihilistic al-qaeda types and bourgeois conservative democratic islamists. Just cos we're against all forms of the ruling class doesn't mean we shouldn't be exact in what we're talking about.

This is the impression I'd got (i.e Novara = Assadist), but it's not based on anything beyond seeing arguments I don't have the time and interest to fo follow up on. The whole "silverback gorillia" on Twitter thing is what makes me think Corbyn might squeeze the next election, all that youthful energy following him around.

I mean they have made it easy for you:

https://novaramedia.com/tag/syria/

There is probably some rubbish in there but id be amazed if any of it was out and out pro Assad stuff.