Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: stream of consciousness music thoughts thread

speaking of which, where is Woebot's best psychedelic records

2. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

I think there's this general sense recently both that words are losing meaning - there are so many of them overwhelming through various media, so much said that doesn't result in action or change, so much buzzwordery - and that we don't have words to describe our modern condition (aside from those in the Dissensus dematerialisation thread ofc), nothing that can compare with the capacity of sound to suggest release and other worlds. That sense increases the further from the locus of power one feels.

the thing is hip hop ain't dangerous music anymore. sex sex sex, digestable to the white nouveau bourgeois kids cos it don't need to make em feel uncomfortable about their antiblackness. the same wankers who were listening to arcade fire and the XX in 2009.

it's not about soul. It's something more intense. i could easily shank that bourgeois wanker offset showing his dick on instragram and im blind.

the production techniques and rhythmics are still very interesting tho. But we're just not gonna have another Rakim (hell even another Biggie) cos the culture industry has commodified blackness and decolonisation to make it suitable for harvard and goldsmiths kids, as an individual act. the filthy degenerates at the fader talking about how america needs to work towards abolishing white supremacy, ignoring that such a position would entail the abolition of the american state. the working classes are being written out of music at an astonishingly fast rate. this doesn't mean i don't like (or even love some of) the music sonically, i do, but it's not prefigurative of a new society. which in this day and age is beyond depressing. so i try my hardest to ignore the unpoetic lyrics, the lack of insightment to war, the jennuflecting behind Killary. At least Kanye is showing the industry's true face despite the reactionary shit he comes out with. I sort of rate him for that, in addition to him being a great producer. anyway, i think people should cuss out music they are attracted to.

Last edited by thirdform; 18-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

We're basically seeing its death, like funk and jazz before it, where the only way to remain current and keep it real is to resort to antiquated production techniques. blergh..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    yeah this is what i thought you meant. i havent felt like this for ages, since the middle of august
    when i went to meet droid in dublin. miss it.