luka

talk to us about the various factions. what is bubbling under? who's auditioning for the right to define the future? what trends can be distinguished? what is being reacted against and what form does that reaction take? what seems genuinely new and what is merely a triangulation of existing trends?

i love the energy of jumping in and going lol at thinking migos and future are future, that wave has broken and receded long ago, youre so english and out of touch... but we have to follow through.

first the jeering then the wedgie.

PUT YOUR HANDS UP IF YOU WANT CROWLEY TO FINISH WHAT HE STARTED AND GIVE US A GUIDE TO THE FUTURE.

THIS IS YOUR CUE. THIS IS YOUR MOMENT. THIS IS YOUR BIG BREAK. STRUT AND FRET UPON THE STAGE. SEIZE THE DAY AND WIN THE GLORY.

THE PEOPLE ARE CLAMOURING FOR THIS AND IF THERE IS ONE THING WE MUST NEVER, EVER DO, IT IS TO LET THE PEOPLE DOWN.

CrowleyHead

i don't think it necessarily has to be polemic, i just don't feel anything for much ambient textures. miles davis did melodic ambient with in a silent way. xenakis did harsh ambient with persepolis. bukem did rhythmic ambient from 93-96. What more do you need really? Why the prissy fiddling with Eno's uncircumcised cock? derrick may did tearjerking ambient, etc... With three 6 mafia (lil jjon and affiliated projects) there was an updating of electro sonics. otherwise i don't care about the lyrics of most 00s rap either but that doesn't always have to be the point. what are metroboomin's and mikewillmadeit's standouts? the production is totally standardised. It's like going to tesco in audio form.

WE DON'T HAVE TESCO.

CrowleyHead

You've missed the point and constantly relating things to you and how it reaches you. You're worthless in this equation same way I am. You have to think of things in relation to the transmission and it's not transmitting from a world where LTJ Bukem or Eno matters. The ambience isn't real, its fuel. The same way Drill pianos with their two note melodies aren't real. Divorce yourself from how you grab it, think of why it was done in the first place on IT'S TERMS. Xenakis doesn't exist here! You and I don't exist! The board doesn't exist! TESCO DOESN'T EXIST.

TESCO NEVER HAPPENED THIRD.

sadmanbarty

that was brilliantly put. i agree with it as a principal to stop people dismissing things offhandedly, but shouldn't allow us to get complacent about creating and rewarding the completely unprecedented

sadmanbarty

just publish one correct call on a blog and you're career's set. that's what david drake done, said one good thing and ever since he's spent a year coasting being the piers morgan of rap punditry.

that could be you. make the dream a reality.

sadmanbarty

dunno what lone is but what i will say is you cant ever trust musicians taste cos they just like any old thing that has 'music' in it.

there's a lot of truth in that. there's very little music i dislike. rusty however is a step too far

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
well yeah, it's a type of extreme music.

which sort of goes against the ethos of this forum. you into ejaculation generator, barty?