sadmanbarty

disappointed that with a name like maxwell cavaseno you never took up a career in stripping.

bit like when jack law didn't become judge dread

luka

well done crowley. i have an inbuilt prejudice against the bay area which i regard as regional backwater offering enough novelty to attract rap bloggers to sniff around every few years (dating back to hyphy) but without enough general appeal to affect the wider conversation.

so i'll ignore everything that sounds like e-40 and investigate everything else. thanks for making the effort.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just listening to some tunes like 66 and offshore and noticing that

It's more moving to me somehow cos they're not singing about acid or love or anything, it's all materialistic and violent lyrics but rendered all dreamy and euphoric and woozy. Maybe it's more MDMA rap than acid rap?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

But it's an example of a rapper being 'dematerialised' by distortion. Distortion becomes dematerialising when it fractures and fragments the surface of sound. Distortion is big in rap music basslines now, I am inclined to give Kanye some credit for that ('Yeezus').

discovered this via thirdform or version (can't remember) on the new music thread and it's the 'swing my door' of rebore jungle