Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Interestingly, I've read quite a few negative reactions to the game online from the playertariet. There's a complaint that the game is TOO realistic, that you have to watch animation sequences again and again every time you e.g. skin an animal. I have a feeling I would like this sort of thing because I am the sort of person who plays games quite slowly so I can take in all the detail.

In retrospect some of these criticisms are ridiculous, although I will say there is a lot of riding to and from places having conversations, during which your participation in proceedings is minimal.

The other night I herded sheep through a valley and it was such a pleasurable experience.

Its a fascinating by product of this game - it makes you feel a sense of interest in and connection with the very sort of worldly life that a playstation 4 and things like it have taken us away from.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Haven't played Spiderman but this video demonstrates how travelling around in these open worlds can and should be the most enjoyable aspect of these games. Same goes with Red Dead Redemption and the horse. Same went (in my experience) with GTAV - driving around the city listening to radio stations.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hunting can be quite fun on this (and I'm not hunting bears and shit yet), and even fishing is fun.

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I have started playing The Witcher 3 on my PS4. ANOTHER attempt at reigniting my inner gamer. (I took a break from Rdr2 and never went back, sadly.)

The Witcher is brilliantly written and I have felt genuinely morally culpable at points. The story/acting is better than Skyrim. The combat is also superior to Skyrim on the whole, although you don't get cool slomo kills like in Skyrim.

The problem with it is that it closely resembled RDR2 in many respects and in some aspects falls far short of RDR2. Particularly the horse riding, which is absolutely sublime in red dead, and the landscape lacks the budget.

luka

I eas feeling euphoric after my strong coffee and webt to cex and bought a copy. It's just finished installing. Feeling a bit conflicted. Regressive behaviour really but let's have a look...........

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Patience is key. Once you're out of the snow you get to so stuff like herding sheep. I dunno why I can't face going back to it now but it was the first time I'd loved a video game in years.

entertainment

I got it but quickly stopped playing because I got the impression that you had to spend time doing shit like cooking food and putting on warm clothes for riding in cold areas. Then someone told me that you didn't actually have to do that stuff, so I think I'm gonna pick it up again.

I like fucking about in GTA while I listen to podcasts.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think with RDR2 you can go as realistic/immersive as you want to. It's a pretty easy game, sometimes patronisingly so. If you keep dying on the same bit it will skip you forward.

luka

Best thing I've done is lasso and hog tie a goat farmer, leave him helpless in a pile of manure then stab all his goats to death in front of him.

poetix

we murder to dissect
My first attempt at playing it ended when I tried to have a conversation with a townsperson, pressed the wrong button and punched him in the face instead, and then got kicked to death in the ensuing brawl.

version

I almost started it the other day then decided against it. Likewise Sekiro. I like the idea of playing these games more than actually playing them.

version

I've played the first one, GTA V and bits of Bloodborne so I have a rough idea how both games play and I know I don't have the patience for anything with a proper story. I also get motion sickness from some games which puts m e off trying new ones.

luka

I just killed a frog. I got into a pigpen earlier and stabbed a load of pigs up.