Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acid communism

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    thats not very relevant is it.

the cultural industry is always going to generalise even further and further until we can assert our power. local community initiatives are dead. confined to the dustbin of history. we need to go big or go home. no return to small scale artisanal production. fuck that. the breaking down of parcelisation and mass production is the only good thing of capitalism. the new kinship networks that arise in the antagonism of capitalist society.
    no sure. i agree. but at the level of culture what would it mean to go big? what would it mean for me? the star system has to be torn down. it's a scam. culture has to be a conversation. we have to be involved

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i'll race you. you read this and i'll read that and see who gets to the end first
    http://www.geoffwilkins.net/fragments/Joyce.htm
    done. i can dig it. a ruthless demolition of Thomas Carlyle's cult.

the work has to be the thing. it either gets the job done or it doesn't. you either find people who receive the signal or you don't.

done. i can dig it. a ruthless demolition of Thomas Carlyle's cult.
    what was Carlyle's cult? I'm not good on history. political history especially.

we need to teach people to build the craft (the wind-sailers. the air-gliders) and how to steer them. we need to get them trained up and out into the territory and they need to be reporting back

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    what was Carlyle's cult? I'm not good on history. political history especially.
    his cult was the cult of genius he basically believed the problem with industrial society was not its antagonisms within the living mass but that the bourgeoisie was upwardly mobile educated cockneys and thus wasn't affording a place to aristocratic gentleman. he would have hated the creole and amalgam techniques of modernism and the surrealistic blurring of perceptions. Still better than Ezra Pound though, I suppose. at least aristocrats fake a sense of moral duty.

his cult was the cult of genius he basically believed the problem with industrial society was not its antagonisms within the living mass but that the bourgeoisie was upwardly mobile educated cockneys and thus wasn't affording a place to aristocratic gentleman. he would have hated the creole and amalgam techniques of modernism and the surrealistic blurring of perceptions. Still better than Ezra Pound though, I suppose. at least aristocrats fake a sense of moral duty.
    aha! yes. ok. i am with you then.

these are the voices that we hear. we put down on the page the voices we hear speaking through things and places. the trick is to teach everyone how to listen in to this as it is happening. (and not to become a pigeon-man.)

how to hear the voices without going mad. (pigeon-man hears the voices but he is drowned in them. his own coherence is lost in that welter of competing claims)

there he is on the park bench, feeding his pigeons. he knows each one of them by name.

on culture:
    The carlylean great man of the future. A mix of Mussolini, Clement Atley and Elon Musk with a sprinkling of oprah.

this is what we need to avoid.

The CIA figured I could be lured into this imbroglio if Hornblower let it slip that Guelph and Chibelline, the artists who were actually faking up the Wyndham Lewis pictures, were also involved in organised neo-fascism and ran a sinister organisation called Cunt Lickers Anonymous, which was designed to strengthen patriarchy by ridding the nationalist movement of hen-pecked husbands. Guelph and Chibelline's work was familiar to me, their monumental photography clearly operated within the discourse of totalitarian art, and I also knew that Toni Duffer had a hard time selling their pictures on anything other than tick. However, it was news to me that these two dickheads were so strapped for cash that they'd taken to counterfeiting work by the Vorticist Wyndham Lewis. Since art is a bulwark of the liberal state, the CIA felt their hands were tied, it would reflect very badly on them if it ever came out that one of their agents had knocked off Guelph and Chibelline, which is why they wanted me to do the dirty work.

I spent some time going through all the angles with Hannah, and eventually we agreed that we'd keep quiet about the fact that I'd rumbled her cover. After all, while I wasn't interested in doing the CIA's dirty work, particularly if I wasn't going to be paid, I did want to take out Guelph and Chibelline who were even more reactionary than the average representative of serious culture.

https://www.stewarthomesociety.org/Stories/lick.htm

the light hits the crystal and splits into
    rainbows which accounts for the stained glass of cathedrels
    and the ceilings of mosques.
    Ray Cappuccino

sound is subject to the same splintering. the angelic music
    refracted in the crystal.
    Ray Cappuccino

you can hear the angle of refraction as you move across the surface
    of the globe. the way the pipes and flutes speak. from scotland and ireland
    through the sahel across the world island, armenia, iran, bulgaria,
    all the way to east asia
    china, japan, korea
    Ray Cappuccino

which is what i meant when i wrote "moorish-gael/bagpipes cross the valence-border"
    Ray Cappuccino

you're tracking the angle of refraction across the curve of the planet

oh fuck off. what a dead thread. (not u lucius)

Deleuze and Guattari is like prog rock if it was made by mutualist market anarchists so it actually lives up to its futurist promises than most prog (more like Magma than Rush.) but its still a perpetual wibbly guitar solo that doesn't know when to cut it down. that's what i rate in their work tbh. Someone should write some sci-fi like that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post: