acid communism

luka

yeah, im trying to focus on it. i read a bit then i think of something else and read another thing.

luka

and this one.

what you want acid rock to sound like and then some...

it has to be something we haven't heard before because it has to inaugurate the new age. and it can't come through the culture industries i don't think.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thats not very relevant is it.

the cultural industry is always going to generalise even further and further until we can assert our power. local community initiatives are dead. confined to the dustbin of history. we need to go big or go home. no return to small scale artisanal production. fuck that. the breaking down of parcelisation and mass production is the only good thing of capitalism. the new kinship networks that arise in the antagonism of capitalist society.

luka

thats not very relevant is it.

the cultural industry is always going to generalise even further and further until we can assert our power. local community initiatives are dead. confined to the dustbin of history. we need to go big or go home. no return to small scale artisanal production. fuck that. the breaking down of parcelisation and mass production is the only good thing of capitalism. the new kinship networks that arise in the antagonism of capitalist society.

no sure. i agree. but at the level of culture what would it mean to go big? what would it mean for me? the star system has to be torn down. it's a scam. culture has to be a conversation. we have to be involved

luka

the work has to be the thing. it either gets the job done or it doesn't. you either find people who receive the signal or you don't.

luka

we need to teach people to build the craft (the wind-sailers. the air-gliders) and how to steer them. we need to get them trained up and out into the territory and they need to be reporting back

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
what was Carlyle's cult? I'm not good on history. political history especially.

his cult was the cult of genius he basically believed the problem with industrial society was not its antagonisms within the living mass but that the bourgeoisie was upwardly mobile educated cockneys and thus wasn't affording a place to aristocratic gentleman. he would have hated the creole and amalgam techniques of modernism and the surrealistic blurring of perceptions. Still better than Ezra Pound though, I suppose. at least aristocrats fake a sense of moral duty.

luka

his cult was the cult of genius he basically believed the problem with industrial society was not its antagonisms within the living mass but that the bourgeoisie was upwardly mobile educated cockneys and thus wasn't affording a place to aristocratic gentleman. he would have hated the creole and amalgam techniques of modernism and the surrealistic blurring of perceptions. Still better than Ezra Pound though, I suppose. at least aristocrats fake a sense of moral duty.

aha! yes. ok. i am with you then.

luka

these are the voices that we hear. we put down on the page the voices we hear speaking through things and places. the trick is to teach everyone how to listen in to this as it is happening. (and not to become a pigeon-man.)

luka

how to hear the voices without going mad. (pigeon-man hears the voices but he is drowned in them. his own coherence is lost in that welter of competing claims)

luka

there he is on the park bench, feeding his pigeons. he knows each one of them by name.