acid communism

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
without wanting to take down any sacred cows.

ok, so i agree with the conceptual premise. the left is still (mostly) trapped in the petrified bourgeois values of the 1950s.

What I don't agree with however is its conceptual premise. Do we really want to reclaim the acrid stink of the beatles and pink floyd, especially as truly psychedelic music (imo, at least a non-pastoral psychedelia) came after psych rock? What sort of futurism and destructive insurectionary alchemical transformation can exist in that hoary old genre? communists must negate the avant-garde and realise the occult. the existence of god and the transcendent will be a matter of complete indifference in the unitary collective organism. we will all be on ayahuasca!

luka

yes. this is the heart of the matter as it stands. what i don't have a sufficient handle on is the marxist stuff. that comes in at a different angle to my own.

i don't think pink flloyd is at issue. it's really just the sudden switch to that other time-track/the one in which god exists.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I do think pink floyd is the issue. Maybe Mark did not formulate it as such but his epigones are kind of looking to a 70s culture which was just mostly moribund apart from funk and reggae tbh. and later disco. but you know goldsmiths students don't listen to Graham Central station, the metres or miles davis on the corner outtakes, let alone pick a dub.

luka

well what do you suggest?
i don't think anyone is going to need drugs soon when
they work out what is already happening and that they
are already enmeshed into its narrative logic.

i'd say go and be a poet but there's only room for one and i applied
for that job years ago. so you'll have to invite the future in through some
other skylight.

luka

with Mark you just pick out the bits which glow with light and discard the rest.

luka

his aesthetic tastes are of little import. he built a body
without organs and we can see how far he sailed that flimsy little craft
until they got him. he sailed it a long way. but we can also
build our own crafts and sail them. we do in fact, every day.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
my contention is this: communism is like the qur'an. it will either win or it will lose. it was not a created doctrine so much as an accumulated historical doctrine realised through extremely long stretches of time condensations. If it is wrong then it should be abandoned entirely. It does not need to be modified, updated or revised, let alone rebranded. it was the same theory in 1844 and it will be the exact same theory in 2050. all the nuts and bolts of class based gender, race and disability politics are contained within the kernel of the economic and philosophical manuscripts of 1844.

What communists need to do, however, is interface with peoples cultural needs, and situate them in the historical trajectory of societal transformation. this is why I don't understand the reversion to archaism. floyd tels us nothing relevant today.

luka

well, i think i agree which is why i think the avant-garde needs to be reunited with the psychedelic which is, after all, just my way of saying the religious.

this is a point of contention between myself and znore who writes the grapejuice blog.
he thinks the new is just commodity fetishism and that we need a return to the neolithic. i don't quite know what that means.

luka

a lot of this is to do with the relationship between capital and culture. it's deliciously ambiguous.

luka

what i need is a community of concern. of people who understand the territory and how to build the craft. how to operate the craft, how to handle that air-glider, and what the dangers are. i need their work to feed into mine and vice versa. i need all of this right now this instant. i need people who are capable of operating here, at this limit, the active point of investigation.

luka

as a poet, this is what i need and this is what i am trying to create here.
i can't show you how it's done becasue you already know how it's done.
you just have to trust that it is real. and it is very, very real.

luka

so what do i need to know politically then. get me up to speed. but just to warn you
if it doesn't end with the inauguration of the child-god at the start of the new aeon i ain't innerseted

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
return to the neolithic. i don't quite know what that means
I assume some kind of anarcho-primitivism tho idk yr friend so idk if means literally or some metaphorical mindset thing. You can find both types among actual primitivists. The literal Zerzan types tend to be pretty mad.

This in general seems like the thread that could tie together a lot of the threads we've been spinning out - don't have time 4 the deep dive rn but I trust yall to get it going

luka

he means mindset. the return to the time before time.
no history. like communism or islam that's something that will either win or it won't
history itself has to tell that tale till it's done.

luka

we're all staring at the event-horizon. we all know it's coming ever closer but we still have no idea what the punchline is. all we can do it play our parts. as i wrote a while back, you may never know who it is you're working for. this is part of the delicious ambiguity of it all. we don't know which side we are on, who's agent we are or anything else.

luka

i mean, we all know the punchline is yes i'm god and i told this story to myself. my makers mark is in the smallest possible fragment. the scientists are all theologians trying to find how far the workmanship extends. we know all this. but then what? what happens then? what do we do when we wake up? i don't expect you to answer, it's what we are in the process of finding out. finnegan wakes.