Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Electro To A Sweet Boy

anyway this might be a better entry point for barty.

https://soundcloud.com/basicrhythm/future-funk-002

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    This thread should have been about teaching Barty to... The anti humanist agenda. That would have been worthwhile.
    agreed, much better idea.

although this thread was inspired by that electro thing you played on your radio show, so post that.

oi thirdform, dada rantings of a madman please. a dirty protest with words. bludgeon me with your subjectivity. you're the best dissensus has to offer, this thread is where you'll shine. gabba as kgb boots stomping on my filthy bourgeois neck. remember how much of a cunt i am about dubstep.

i'm like sideous at the end of jedi, you'll be my luke.

do it for the glory of father stalin.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

lost to time sounds

ignore me and keep talking about techno though
    Last edited by mvuent; 03-02-2019 at 11:45 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mvuent For This Useful Post:

If 3rd form can't be bothered writing all hope is lost.

years ago at an afterparty there was a dude who had this crazy record collection full of rare obscure acid, breaks and trance that somehow wasn't bad. there were a couple of 12s he had that blew me away but i was too busy caught up in the moment to note down what they were. the only thing i remember was it sounded like some kind of late 80s/early 90s blend of breaks n electro. the sleeves were full of arabic text which was done graffiti style. they looked wicked and sounded incredible. think the sleeves were black & white but could be wrong on that one. does this ring any bells for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    it's already been done tbh. read the alien underground reviews on datacide.

or that whole inventing te future crap from leftists with a hard on for nick land. that is the tech house manifesto.
    Granted it's a product of its time but you can do a lot better than this school essay

https://datacide-magazine.com/praxis...ence-of-noise/

there's a contradiction in techno between futurism expressed through dance and the actual monotony of machinic life under capitalism. that will have to wait till later this week as I've got a killer ear infection and a cold which is getting me down. in the meantime...

What makes techno good is its funk, not because of a fetishised idea of blackness, simply because a purely rigid grid groove like that in later trance takes away any utopian or cathartic potential industrial sounds have.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

years ago at an afterparty there was a dude who had this crazy record collection full of rare obscure acid, breaks and trance that somehow wasn't bad. there were a couple of 12s he had that blew me away but i was too busy caught up in the moment to note down what they were. the only thing i remember was it sounded like some kind of late 80s/early 90s blend of breaks n electro. the sleeves were full of arabic text which was done graffiti style. they looked wicked and sounded incredible. think the sleeves were black & white but could be wrong on that one. does this ring any bells for anyone?
    This sounds like the sort of thing you'll eventually track down ten years later and discover wasn't quite as killer as you thought. Or maybe that's just what happens to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

https://soundcloud.com/resident-advisor/ra614-sync-24

listened to this loads last year. hits the spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    This sounds like the sort of thing you'll eventually track down ten years later and discover wasn't quite as killer as you thought. Or maybe that's just what happens to me.
    proto goa continuum (think there was an arabic house list on discogs mostly dutch and belgian stuff made by white guys iirc.) basically on that weird belgian new beat thing before belgian techno started with music man records in the like. tbf I'm a bit of a purist in this regard I'm not so into the EBM descended stuff, i like the hard chicago acid and the belgian techno as well as the northern bleep. if i want middle eastern stuff I'll go to the source as the beats are far more complex than anything in western pop music.

also historical turkish trance is better than what came after 92 anyway. check binali selman recordings.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

the cristian vogel and si begg stuff from this era is unreal, trading the hippy flora and fawna cack for punk-like radical shamanism. in search of the promordial deadly chponic groove. none of those twinkly cosmic melodies that are like the ozric tentacles discovering umm kulthum after 30 years. just unrelenting trance. no soil. go beyond the soil into lava. burn.

One of bartys quirks is that despite his interest in drums he's got no interest in rhythms outside of Africa and the diaspora. So no islamic world and no india. He hates it. Says its not proper music.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

well he was probably into the XX in 2014.

but speaking of which: