Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I dunno man. I saw him up there and thought "bearded meat presence"
Where exactly was Luka at 6:46am this morning?

The beard and bald head are certainly suggestive. But it's like if luka borrowed one of my jackets...

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Apparently like 90% of XR was against this but those that did it invoked "autonomy". Twats.
Have you got any sort of source on this?

All I can find is approving posts from their official Facebook feed, which isn't great damage control.

sufi

lala
As it happens I'm right by XR office - the door's locked, the lights are out.
There's a poster on the door apologising for disruption this week

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Christ. On the list of epic PR disasters, this is gonna be tricky to top. Much as I hate to say it, this is the problem with not having a centralised structure of command...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Best they can do now is public statements distancing the main part of the movement from these knobbers, I expect.

firefinga

What have they got against trains anyway? They seriously want to put us back 300 or more years?
They would be demonstrating for more nuclear power, a better rail network and the promotion of cycling if they had the first clue.

Whoever's funding XR as a way to discredit enviromentalism is getting their money's worth with these credulous sackcloth morons.

Oh give it time. Way more of this coming soon. That blood=red paint spraying thing was a good start already.

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
At this point, should you wish to take further action, red handed people can to continue the procession to a nearby police station to turn themselves in. This enacts Extinction Rebellion’s principle of holding ourselves accountable for our actions, by owning the impact and disruption caused by this Rebellion.

At the police station, we can take pictures of ourselves with red hands, posting on social media with the hashtag #redhandedrebellion. This will additionally force the police into a dilemma situation, as people line up waiting to turn themselves in.
https://rebellion.earth/event/xr-red-handed-rebellion/

this is 100% some kind of secret service operation. THE perfect way to smother revolutionary potential.

sufi

lala
is it right that clip is by an itn journo? (admittedly that's a nebulous group but) the news impact has been ginormous. totally eclipsing the rest of the actions by now and feeding all sorts of anti-xr agendas
public transport really is a trigger issue, cooked up over so many years of toxic press on strikes and now honed by more recent mob-baiting over bre*it. Ugly, and especially ugly how the xr lad is caught getting the first boot in on a black kid. fuck.
In the crowd (apart from a couple of other xr/"press" who also got attacked), one of the xr public figures can be seen milling around in the crowds, robin double barrelled, so it's not just a couple of lone wolves up there on the carriages. especially as 1/2 the leadership are now in jail i think?

^ i don't understand what's preventing UK XR from accepting the 4th demand that the other XR chapters have adopted
https://rebellion.earth/the-truth/demands/
vs.
https://xrla.org/en/rebellion

all most concerning :(

sufi

lala
i kind of wonder what happened next - 4 people were arrested apparently, was that just protestors or also commuters? mildly PTSD at the video and sudden escalation
i expect everyone just shuffled onto that train and commuted away as if nothing at all had occurred, such is the way of the LDN commute.

luka

It wouldn't have bothered me I don't think. No one got hurt. One of the commuters showed some inititative, dealt with the situation and people got on with their day. Successful resolution overall and lessons to be learned by XR.

sufi

lala
how it goes down in rush hour lubnan

(they are apparently protesting fees for using whatsapp 🔥)

luka

As the 4th demand presumably they've made a not unreasonable decision to focus ruthlessly on the central issue

luka

My guess is they think once you start making concessions to special interest groups it never ends