version

Yeah, that or zoomed right in. You're looking at either distant stars and galaxies or microorganisms - maybe even both.

Last edited:

version

there's definitely an eerie quality but not in a fear-inspiring, serial killer kind of way for me. I guess I hear it as "magic" in a more positive sense.

I didn't mean it in a fear-inspiring way as such, more just unsettling. Like the tapes of the house in Lost Highway and Cache.

mvuent

Void Dweller
ah I haven't watched any good movies but that makes sense. the cinematic masterpiece that the berio work reminds me of is thomas and the magic railroad but that would probably be hard to explain...

version

I saw that at the cinema for one of my brothers' birthdays. The only thing I can remember about it's that Alec Baldwin's the conductor.

mvuent

Void Dweller
Yeah, that or zoomed right in. You're looking at either distant stars and galaxies or microorganisms - maybe even both.

there might be a connection worth thinking about here imo

here is my mystic journey. it somehow makes a lot of sense to me but i'm not sure how to put it in words. it is about being very close to earth, it's soil, but also about being very far away from it - but always remembering this point of departure. it is to see the earth as big, flat and infinite but also as tiny and microscopic. oh well.

1. dressed up, feet on the ground, start of journey. ceremony.
2. mud. layers of soil. echoes of time.
3. spiritual organization.
4. zoom out now. perspective of the space station. look down. see tiny earth.
5. float. hoover. enjoy. rest.
6. paranoia. unease. peace is always temporary.
7. reconnect to earth. establish contact with the soil again.
8. earth voice 1
9. earth voice 2
10. earth voice 3

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Ceybil - Love So Special (1990)

A warning to all the boys. Cheeky on the surface. Pain on the inside. Ceybil's performance stirring my soul and loins in equal measure.

Cookie Watkins - I'm Attracted to You (1991)

Can you say sass? So simple. So classy.

KC Flightt - Planet E (Acid Drop Mix) (1989)

Utopian calls from a distant planet. Points for the Talking Heads sample. That acid line tho.

Meshell Ndegeocello - If That's Your Boyfriend (Lil' Freaky Mix) (1993)

The definition of badd with a double d. The perfect fuck you. Lil Louis on remix duties.

K Alexi Shelby - Vertigo (1989)

Dropped at the right moment, you can slay dragons with this shit. Saw Ed DMX fuck up a sweating room good n proper with this once. End of the party it was like I'd jumped in a lake. People were bouncing off the walls.

Mission Control - Outta Limits (Shelter Mix) (1992)

Murk records. Head shit. Nuff said.

Lil' Louis - Club Lonely (1992)

A bouncy number with that same bitter sweet thing going on as the Ceybil. Louis, one of the best to ever do it.

Gherkin Jerks - Parameters (1988)

Wonder how old Aphex was when he first heard this? Probably on acid in some Cornish quarry. Playing with the parameters of his mind. Could have chosen a million Larry Heard tracks, but this one is somehow a standout from an impeccable repertoire.

Project 86 - Industrial Bass (Industrial Mix) (1990)

House, but not as we know it. Back then you'd have all these different styles mixed together. Most of my favourite djs still do. And it's damn Nu Groove, breh!

Chez n Trent - Morning Factory (Vocal Mix) (1993)

This was the track which made me understand and convert to full on house head on a summer night in a Shoreditch basement. The definition of deep. It's A Love Supreme for the dance floor and I do not use those words lightly.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller
classifications

10) Ernst Krenek - Pfingstoratorium (Spiritus Intelligentiae Sanctus)
9) Halim El-Dabh - The Expression of Zaar
8) Otto Luening - Fantasy In Space
7) Györgi Ligeti - Glissandi
6) Toru Takemitsu - Static Relief
5) Luciano Berio: Omaggio a Joyce
4) Iannis Xenakis - Diamorphoses
3) Ligeti - Artikulation
2) Karlheinz Stockhausen - Gesang Der Junglinge
1) Karlheinz Stockhausen - Kontakte

10) the catacombs
9) the catacombs
8) the sky
7) the sky
6) the earth
5) the catacombs
4) the sky
3) the catacombs
2) the sky
1) the sky

anyways I'm still curious about that list if you get the chance, version. i'll keep listening to patty's house tunes but I think I now get the main lessons there.

also version's 10 favorite youtube vids. could be music or just anything interesting or funny. deep cuts from the living hall of mirrors.

Last edited:

version

but you always have one ready. I guess you just find them once and then move on? oh well.

Yeah, I struggle to rank stuff though. Here's ten off the top of my head, although you've probably seen them all before.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
excellent connoisseur list patty, i very much approve.
🔫
🔫

Luke's top 10 uncancellable tunes for eternity?