1990s revisited: Mo Wax or Ninja Tunes?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
heh, it really seems like dislike for James Lavelle's persona is the primary criteria by which people judge Mo' Wax

Trillhouse

Coldcut JDJ mix '70 Minutes Of Madness' was pretty seminal to my young mind's developing musical tastes. One Blood over The Truper - Street Beats Vol 2 still sounds amazing, although a lot of the rest of it has been forgotten about tbh.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Coldcut JDJ mix '70 Minutes Of Madness' was pretty seminal to my young mind's developing musical tastes. One Blood over The Truper - Street Beats Vol 2 still sounds amazing, although a lot of the rest of it has been forgotten about tbh.

i keep meaning to make a 'commercial mixes' thread and this would be my pick for the one i listened to most along with gilles peterson's JDJ.

version

Damon Albarn seems like he turned into a Lavelle over the years. Similar hipster curator thing.

Damon-Albarn-Gorillaz-2021-getty-full.jpg

damon-albarn-gorillaz-danny-devito-squid-hat-1666275074.jpg

0bleak

I think I prefer Andrea Parker's stuff the most out of both labels so I guess I'd go with Mo Wax.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It will pass, it’s spring and raining like fuck

Sound of water running out off poorly fitted guttering and shit squidgy black red-seal

version

I had to turn off the DJ Krush album after having it looping for a few hours. The trumpet became quite grating.