Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roc Marciano Is An Abomination

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Mind you we never got to hear Bartys reasoning behind this minor provocation. (which was aimed at Trilliam)

I want barty to post the comeback of hitman in the grime thread and me to laugh at him but then you've made him watertight now. he knows what is persona non grata on dissensus. in a way i think this is a momentous achievement of mentoring but also it has closed the door on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I miss trilliam - I can just imagine him rolling his eyes HARD at most of the threads on here lately though
    you were supposed to back me in proving to him that deep tech is identical to, if not an inferior copy of sheffield bleep. but for some inexplicable reason deep tech beats were more skippy than bleep beats? barmy.

Luke seems to be the only person who can truly truly understand my taste on this forum. i have no idea why.

You're both superclever fundamentalists. Nobody understands what either of you are on about half the time, which perhaps explains the terrifying, wrathful rages you both fly into on occasion.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

I'm gonna find the most evangelical greek playlist for you on spotify one day. then you'll reach our level and it will be a great day. born again convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    You're both superclever fundamentalists. Nobody understands what either of you are on about half the time, which perhaps explains the terrifying, wrathful rages you both fly into on occasion.
    This is probably true. I can get very upset, and almost panicky, frightened, when I'm not making myself understood.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Cmon lets get this playground scrap started. Corpse, stoke the fires, stir it up. It's the younger generation in their own dissensus hunger games.
    I was doing this at the start of the year still trying to do it now.

alright ALRIGHT Luke mate ill throw you a bone and contribute to here but when i get back
    maybe one of these days ill kick of a thread with a "provocative" title n see how that goes

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

This place runs on provocation

Without it it gets boring, fast

You've got to take the rough with the smooth though, which is that people are often asserting outrageous ridiculous things.

Tbh I think we've mostly evolved past the need for the provocative. I don't really like it. At this stage it feels regressive. Too polarising.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

When you polarise a debate you force people into caricatures of their own positions and the standard of conversation devolves drastically. What you want is a kind of ideas generator. A central conceit that people can riff on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

the advantage of provocation is it engages emotions, which are what really fire people up

as you say though it's playing with fire

Theres a guy from Manchester on twitter who me and Crowl know who seems to make it his sworn duty to "acutally" every take champion some right nonsense

i feel like you lot would kinda love him if he was on here, in a roundabout way hes similiar to corpse

lol dunno how to take that but yes he sounds annoying/delightful