Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: New Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    This is cool, I like Huerco and his crew.

Ghostride The Drift (Huerco S, Uon & Exael) - https://boomkat.com/products/ghostride-the-drift

Ghostride The Drift is a highly promising new smudge-ambient project dreamt by Huerco S, Exael and Special Guest DJ aka uon, for his and D. Tiffany’s new label.

Their extended self-titled debut finds the trio’s shared tastes consolidated and mutated in 5 parts of spiralling, psychedelic and elusive dub forms that evoke the sensation of floating in a fog-choked rave at 5AM. Finding range between pockets of noisy dub ephemera, tracts of scudding, weightless hyper-dub, and seductively dragging downbeats, the EP speaks to each producer’s sound in turn and all at once.

The opening blast of fathoms-deep, gaseous iridescence and buried but pelting kick drums is a huge highlight, recalling Xth Reflexion joints for Aught, while moments of Basic Channel-esque abstraction colour the downtime between beats, variously rolling out with brownian motion, and then a sluggish ruggish ’90s ambient appeal one can imagine soundtracking a thousand dawns this summer and beyond...
    I keep coming back to this. The first tune's kind of annoying and weirdly mixed, but this one's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    There's a Dissensus nod in Boomkat's write-up of the new DJ Nate thing.

After Nate’s tracks first cropped up on a Dissensus forum thread at the end of the ‘00s, Planet Mu were quickest to his Myspace page...
    Mms got the first mention of nate in, synaptic started the thread

The music is far from new but the aesthetic is en fleeq

Tqaseem Mqamat El Haram 2016-2019 - https://boomkat.com/products/tqaseem...aram-2016-2019

Unmissable debut from Cairene artist 1127, getting right under the skin with abstract electronics comparable to Autechre, Lag Os, or Heith releases - TIPPED!!!!

Approaching ‘Tqaseem Mqamat El Haram’ we’re strongly reminded of the idea that “writing about music is like dancing to architecture.” In that sense, the music is sending us breakdancing in Cairo’s dusty flux of multi-period buildings and making us do the splits on a pyramid.

It’s just incredibly riddled with richly characterful sounds that are shredded into mind-bending geometries, from convulsive knots of noise to calmer passages inhabited with Arabic voices and powerfully rhythm-driven bits spitting strange vocaloid artefacts. To our mucky ears It all evokes the feel of a Neil Blomkamp flick shot in Cairo 2050, where stifling heat and pollution means everyone wears breathing apparatus and hover cars sputter about its dusty sprawl.

Don't miss!

NP031LP_CU.jpg
    Last edited by version; 17-07-2019 at 01:54 AM.

could it be that this year is a very bleak one? haven't been excited about anything it feels like.

Music doesn't exist any more just a simulation of music just as emotions don't exist any longer just the simulation of emotion.

I just don't bother listening to new stuff anymore, for whatever reason.

I'd love to be excited by new music, to be following a scene, downloading every radio show, etc.

But I need pointing in the right direction.

Crowley posted a great top 50 rap tunes of last year I think and I realised how much good shit is still around for those willing to make the effort to listen for it.

I've probably listened to 70/30% podcasts/music this year
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

I've been listening to what Ian Penman tells me to. That does include a smattering of Solange and Lana Del Rey, but it's mostly dead black males.

Version deleting evidence of listening to Phil Collins I see.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I've been listening to what Ian Penman tells me to. That does include a smattering of Solange and Lana Del Rey, but it's mostly dead black males.
    Boooring

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Version deleting evidence of listening to Phil Collins I see.
    ra2Gzu3.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

I'm listening to Sussudio for the third time today as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Boooring
    It's real music not the simulacrum you kids listen to these days