glasshand

dj panic attack
I am going to give the Rian Treanor album a go.

I hadn't really heard of him til this, seemed to be splashed over every music platform outta nowhere then I realised obviously it's because his album's on Planet Mu.

I find it interesting this little trend he seems to fit into, like an IDM return. Artists all using their full names (gabor lazar, Lorenzo senni etc), loads of focus on their "process", "methodology", use of technology. Ready to plug in to the european arty electronic music festival circuit - unsound, ctm, retextured etc

Leo

liking the new weval album "the weight" https://kompakt.fm/releases/the_weight_2xlp_dl

one of those records that takes awhile to get a handle on, doesn't particularly click on the first few listens and then starts to sink in. most tracks sound the same, slightly gauzy electronic pop but a level deeper. dawned on me that this is kind of what I wish Radiohead to sounded like but they never do.

Last edited:

Leo

version, you might like the new mana album "seven steps behind". don't be put off that it's on hyperdub. ;)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Assumed this would be toss cos it features Idris Elba but I actually rate it, especially Sean Paul

I'll probably banished from the magic circle for admitting this though

version

There's a Dissensus nod in Boomkat's write-up of the new DJ Nate thing.

After Nate’s tracks first cropped up on a Dissensus forum thread at the end of the ‘00s, Planet Mu were quickest to his Myspace page...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There's a Dissensus nod in Boomkat's write-up of the new DJ Nate thing.

After Nate’s tracks first cropped up on a Dissensus forum thread at the end of the ‘00s, Planet Mu were quickest to his Myspace page...

Mms got the first mention of nate in, synaptic started the thread

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
could it be that this year is a very bleak one? haven't been excited about anything it feels like.