Online (post-geographic) Localism.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I watch the odd Boiler Room thing but on the whole I don't think clubs/raves should be filmed and broadcast - even worse is a club/rave even that is being run TO BE FILMED (and sold alongside rolling adverts for JD Sports.)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's more outrage expended on identity politics stuff than on the selling out of culture, that's for sure. (And I'm guilty of this, too.)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah but that thristian bloke was always pulling up peoples tunes inappropriately, noone said anything back then. When its the boss none of these people care.

u have to admit that this was an attitude that people took from grime to an extent, this superstar ambition with big faces.

luka

Anyway moaning about this stuff gets me down. I have to hear it from all the old men I know. Don't need it from you lot.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sorry i didn't mean to be a downer. but it was a fucking rewind and people made shitloads of pr hype/identity politics beef out of it.

Like there is a point where it's like, christ, im not gonna be able to get me foot in through the door unless i play the identity card.

luka

sorry i didn't mean to be a downer. but it was a fucking rewind and people made shitloads of pr hype/identity politics beef out of it.

Like there is a point where it's like, christ, im not gonna be able to get me foot in through the door unless i play the identity card.

Should I start talking about how hard it is to be a straight white man. Im literally out in the streets. Total outcast. Ostracised by everyone. I don't even know how it happened. I blame queer theory. And feminists.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
hahaha. nah u have to do the transracial thing first, then detransition when you've built ur career, watch the internet explode.

Luke your name is now Levent. you're a transracial Kurd. serious business.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
what im saying is this. first we have to get pervy blokes at mixmag out of our face.

how do we do that? how do we humiliate mixmag? this is the first step lads.

luka

Late 90s celebrity DJ version of Hello magazine. I'm not even sure I believe it still exists. My only contact with the outside world is dissensus though. I've cut all ties.

luka

My only sources of information are a transracial Kommunist Kurd from Finchley, a depressed dubstep fan from a village in the Chilterns and my 24 year old care worker from New Cross who plays the drums and loves modal jazz.

How did that happen and is it healthy?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My only sources of information are a transracial Kommunist Kurd from Finchley, a depressed dubstep fan from a village in the Chilterns and my 24 year old care worker from New Cross who plays the drums and loves modal jazz.

How did that happen and is it healthy?

Sounds like the greatest band ever

luka

About 9 years ago corpsey sent me a trap beat he'd made. It was pretty good too.