Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The War On Dust

okay

1. I like the mixture of registers from 'Do not love...' to 'He makes Fridays unbearable' (Biblical to collequial?)
    2. I like the deferred rhyme of 'impossible' and 'unbearable'. (There's a sort of buried rhyme between 'gateway' and 'makes', innthere?)

Not sure what 'herb-set' teeth might mean. To do with his Spanish garden?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Dust in a ray of sunlight is one of those beautiful spectacles we forget to appreciate

Or at least I have

Like clouds, a reminder of the mutability of all things, the destruction and creation, chaos and apparent order.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

dust of the rivers does murmur and weep

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    okay

1. I like the mixture of registers from 'Do not love...' to 'He makes Fridays unbearable' (Biblical to collequial?)
    2. I like the deferred rhyme of 'impossible' and 'unbearable'. (There's a sort of buried rhyme between 'gateway' and 'makes', innthere?)

Not sure what 'herb-set' teeth might mean. To do with his Spanish garden?
    The reason I thought of this poem was the herbs in your quote from the bible. Thw favourite verse of grim puritans like my ancestors. Csn hear the Ian Paisley in it!

The Spanish garden brings Quixote into it and with that the full heft of that symbolic apparatus. Christ. The Idiot. The Holy Fool. The Imagination triumphant. Or the imagination in its bathetic aspect, tilting at windmills

But very good, very delicate and aware reading btw.you see how within reach it all is

I like the mixture of registers from 'Do not love...' to 'He makes Fridays unbearable' (Biblical to collequial?)

This is the crux of it to some degree and you don't have the whole poem to work with. Tje domestic is the religious is childhood is the heights of religious insight

Try and read the whole poem if you can and the book 'brass' it begins. It's still state of the art all these years later

Here's the whole opening of it

Gratefully they evade the halflight
    rising for me, on the frosty abyss.
    Rub your fingers with chalk and
    grass, linctus over the ankle, now with TV with
    the sound off & frame hold in
    reason beyond that. Paste. Thereby take
    the foretaste of style, going naked
    wherever commanded, by
    the father struck
    in the plain. His
    wavy boots glow
    as he matches
    the headboard.
    Do not this man he makes
    Fridays unbearable

There's nothing until me, nothing anything like it. Because no one has been this good.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    I know that you know this, but I used to work there!

There are people employed there just to maintain cleanliness in the cleanrooms. Or, as I came to think of them, Dust Enforcers.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

http://jacketmagazine.com/24/nolan.html

Read this
    "But if Prynne seriously means to argue that poetic elements are narcotic, incapable of higher synthesis, and, in line with the logic of addiction, export themselves globally where they function as soporific meta-narratives, what normative inverse does this presupposition invite? That a world bereft of magic remains bewitched by the posthuman darkness of a self-replicating order in which the fragile civilities of everyday life are massively overshadowed by webs of predetestinarian default options?
    "
    Last edited by luka; 21-02-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I know that you know this, but I used to work there!

There are people employed there just to maintain cleanliness in the cleanrooms. Or, as I came to think of them, Dust Enforcers.
    that company is always creeping me out a bit. the fact that you need highest technology (chip-machines) to create highest technology (chips) feels like a matryoshka doll somehow. shell over shell. and it makes me wonder what level comes after the chip-machine. the chip-machine-machine? i find it, on an intuitive level, hopeful that dust is one of their biggest enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    that company is always creeping me out a bit. the fact that you need highest technology (chip-machines) to create highest technology (chips) feels like a matryoshka doll somehow. shell over shell. and it makes me wonder what level comes after the chip-machine. the chip-machine-machine? i find it, on an intuitive level, hopeful that dust is one of their biggest enemies.
    If that creeps you out, consider that there were people working on self-assembling microchips while I was there. Dunno if anything has come of it yet, but a company like that doesn't throw money after something that doesn't have at least a decent chance of coming to fruition, and that was 6-8 years ago, centuries in tech-world terms.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

One of the things this thread is about is the gestalt notion of unfinished business. How deferred duties stall our progress, how it's impossible to move forward or even to tread water without this constant activity, doing things all the fucking time. Any effort to ignore reality is punished in the most draconian fashion. It's exhausting. Buried under dust

18. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: