thirdform

pass the sick bucket
can't say im all that into pop these days. it's not that im anti-pop, in fact i wish i was more into pop. it's more that it doesn't get me going because you can't be wonky in pop really. and given that we *live* in the future it's only really the synaesthetic and the unknown that can still satisfy the utopian craving.

Was kinda hoping u lot would respond to this. and i don't mean art pop like pc music, i mean the real capitalist deal.

craner

Beast of Burden
I got craner writing his memoirs. I read some extracts and they were amazing, lavishly cruel. He lost momentum though. Being talented is no protection against inertia, the great enemy

I still have those. They were unprintable then, even more so now, after Mark. I can send them in samizdata though.

muser

I feel replaying the same album is something that I mainly did in my teens, maybe thats just because i didn't have such easy access or perhaps could be the more fanatical attachment you get to music at that age. Either-way I'll put this out there, this is something that over the past few years hasn't stopped hitting the right spots.

Also Cas's The Number 23.

I treasure every LP like this I can go back to.. the feeling of having a short term fling with a LP is not far off the feeling of wasted time in a relationship you can't understand how or why you got into.

Numbers

I had this on repeat for a dozen times or so today.

"here in this desert, it's just the same thing over and over again..."

There is something strangely satifsying about this track. Can't quite put my finger on it. It has many things I usually do not like (like 'dark' voice samples), but here it all works out.

DLaurent

I was actually thinking this applied more to Alice Coltrane than John. He may have made the greater contribution to music but is more easily defined, Alice is in my mind more "other".

Both Coltrane's for me are replayable but more 'singular', I have to be in a zone to be ready to get 'spiritually elevated'. Whereas I could listen to Shorter, Henderson or Hubbard play all day, and usually do. Another big replay for me would be Hancock's Maiden Voyage, maybe it's the modality, but it's basically four simple Dorian mode chords, same mode as 'So What', but it's on constant rotation.