vimothy

yurp
if its hard to tell whether an article is genuine or parody then that suggests genuine articles are pretty close to self-parody anyway

john eden

male pale and stale
Jesus are they still in that same room in Nina’s flat?

Has she locked them in there while she does her talks in Europe?

Fair play to her if so.

john eden

male pale and stale
“Just nipping out for a bit - need to keep that cat out of this room, so I’ll have to lock this door ok boys?”

And then she gets on the Eurostar.

Genius.

vimothy

yurp
It just rubs me the wrong way, the tone of it and the fact that it attracts the kind of people who say stuff like "Do women ACTUALLY contribute anything meaningful to society outside of reproduction"

when do they say anything like that?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That live stream is (being charitable) a dramatisation of a bumper compendium of 3rd class undergraduate essays. Summary of one part: "I'm so not worried about racist and sexist discourses as a white man, because, y'know, I have a deep belief in the ultimate equality of all people. People who are worried about it, they're the real racists/sexists because they fear that these discourses are true."

It really is that stupid. I'm expecting someone to say "I don't see colour" while referencing Nietzche at any moment.

Last edited:

droid

If your instincts arent sounding a giant klaxon in your head whilst watching this then you have a problem.

Nina

Sigh

I have no reason to doubt that 'open letter' about me was written in earnest to be honest. There are people who have written about me before like that, again with no proof of anything bad or 'cancel-worthy' I am supposed to have said or done. There is no need for such elaborate parodies when people really are this paranoid, when people really are this convinced that myself, or Daniel or Justin, or whoever has been severed/attacked from and by the left, are secretly in possession of malign and malevolent beliefs.

There is no proof that Daniel is a 'fascist'. Justin is not 'alt-right'. There is no proof I am a 'transphobe', a 'terf' or a 'Nazi', or that I am anything other than a feminist and a leftist. There *are*, however, people trying to lose me work and my job, and who think that defaming me online is a good and righteous thing to do. I am pretty stunned by the letter and really not at all looking forward to having to answer emails from people who've invited me to give talks or write pieces who will no doubt be contacted, or have already been contacted, by people trying to stop me from speaking because I appeared on a youtube video and because I apparently hold awful beliefs - not that that anyone has any evidence of them they are willing to share! - that I must be prevented from speaking with others. What a world.

john eden

male pale and stale
Nina why are these people in your flat defending you against that weird blog post but also saying that Evola wasn't a fascist and that all the superior people have exited activist groups so just the untermensch are left in them now?

And that we all have to step to the right, (let's do the timewarp again)?

Nina

Nina why are these people in your flat defending you against that weird blog post but also saying that Evola wasn't a fascist and that all the superior people have exited activist groups so just the untermensch are left in them now?

And that we all have to step to the right, (let's do the timewarp again)?

Justin is staying there before he and his wife go back to the States. Daniel was invited to be on Justin's livestream. I don't have any say over what either of them wish to discuss, but it was clear Justin was saying exit on the left was possible and Daniel was more skeptical perhaps, proposing an exit from politics altogether in the name of philosophy and other forms of thought and being. As far as I know, Evola actually successfuly sued someone for calling him a fasicst during his lifetime.

There clearly are some seriously paranoid and vicious people on the left, how does that letter and the attacks on us not in fact demonstrate that? I am on the left but I can't defend this kind of thing, not least when it's directed and me and my friends and is designed to make life difficult just because someone has decided with no evidence that we hold reprehensible views. I don't want to police anyone and I can't bear any kind of thing that resembles police behaviour.

luka

Relevant quote ""Beyond left and right" is now a term successfully employed by the right to attract leftists to its brand of intolerance"

Nina

Relevant quote ""Beyond left and right" is now a term successfully employed by the right to attract leftists to its brand of intolerance"

So no escape from politics ever, anywhere, and we just have to accept beng called fascists all the time by randoms. I'm out.

droid

Parallels also with jordan Peterson's disdain for activism and his claims that its a psychopathology, a menacing extreme form of narcissism.