luka

at about 2.30 I took enough liquid acid to float an armada. I'm listening to music I like and trying to piece together my thoughts. Partly about breeding and partly about iconisation. If you really think I will get something out of it I will listen, sure, but not now in this state

luka

problem here between you and josef is obviously your similarities not your differences

we met and he didn't want to meet my gaze. But sure, to a degree. I just find something a little unwholesome about it, unhygienic. I don't live in abstraction and in that regard I'm not as intelligent as he is. I can't operate in there in the ways he can I suspect. But you are the same. You can do many things in that space I can't do. You handle abstractions with more facility. It's very difficult to say what I can do because by any standard metric I'm an idiot. But there is something I can do and I do it better than these people. Of course no one agrees with me so I'm here at my pulpit fulminating at empty pews

vimothy

yurp
also this strange self-deprecation I don't accept either. you are at least as intelligent as everyone else here. I think that's self-evident

droid

Josef always seemed like a decent soul, but TBH I never found him very convincing in the years he was writing here so I dont think I would gain much from his thoughts via a less considered medium.

vimothy

yurp
idk why there is such resistance to saying, here is someone I disagree with who nevertheless has interesting shit to say

luka

Not self deprecation just frustration with my own limits, partly this is attention span. I can get very good work done with very intense concentration but I can't sustain it as long as I'd like. My inability to visualise makes some things hard also. There are many many things I would like to have a firm grip on but I waste my time and of course our receptivity is subject to fluctuations. It's partly a question of recognising those windows in which its possible to get some of the actual work done. It's hard this stuff. You need to make an effort.

droid

Its more that its not interesting, or at least, not interesting in how it is communicated. Engagement is what's lacking.

droid

Also, whatever his extensive knowledge about philosophy and literature, I always thought he had terrible political instincts, a judgement which I think was vindicated not too long ago.