john eden

male pale and stale
What thirdform is saying is that human rights are not a law of physics, they are socially contingent. We get what we fight for.

The "right" of freedom of association is a joke if you have an ASBO or a tag or bail conditions or no money for travel or have cops following you everywhere you go.

The state can choose to track down people who firebomb a left wing publisher, or not. It depends what else is going on. "Who decides?" says Nina in her latest video on cancel culture with some dickhead who thinks Boyd Rice is a right laugh. Well quite.

But books, yeah. Gosh there might be a scenario in some dystopian future where my Spinoza books are impounded and I can't wank myself off to Evola and Yockey. Have you been to this amazing new gallery in Dalston they have pictures of Taylor Swift juxtaposed with a Hitler quote.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
all right derives from social relational power, surely? As does authority.

A powerless state can only have the legitimate right only in word.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
A power that is the antithesis to the domination of the prior socially relational power we spoke of. death to the shambles that parades itself as *tastelessly affects goldsmiths estuary accent* da aufentik proletarian kulcha!

Punk is dead!

john eden

male pale and stale
The capitalist maintains his rights as a purchaser when he tries to make the working-day as long as possible, and to make, whenever possible, two working-days out of one. On the other hand, the peculiar nature of the commodity sold implies a limit to its consumption by the purchaser, and the labourer maintains his right as seller when he wishes to reduce the working-day to one of definite normal duration. There is here, therefore, an antinomy, right against right, both equally bearing the seal of the law of exchanges. Between equal rights force decides. Hence is it that in the history of capitalist production, the determination of what is a working-day, presents itself as the result of a struggle, a struggle between collective capital, i.e., the class of capitalists, and collective labour, i.e., the working-class.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yes. this is why it must be smashed. it is leftism which says the state should ideally not have the right to imprison you. I am not a leftist.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"so because the state is able to imprison you arbitrarily, it has the _right_ to do so?"

I am saying yes, yes it does. I diagnosed liberalisms pathhology a long, long time ago.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
A lot of the mainstream left says the state should be fairer, we should uphold values of legitimate right. and i be like: it's a crooks game! It's not supposed to be fair! the only way we win stuff is by snatching it from their jaws.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think if I am arbitrarily detained by the state this really will be the least of my worries. Is my point.

Ask anyone who has been nicked for joint enterprise.

vimothy

yurp
I would characterise this position as a kind of political neo-paganism, machiavellianism -- "fascism" is another term for it (I realise that it's overloaded and overused)