luka

It's absolutely what the universe intends. I can feel the way it's moving the pieces into place

luka

First I see him (cheery wave, friendly smile "hello Jo") then Barty sees him (presses face against window so lips and nose compress comically and breath steams up the glass)

sadmanbarty

He's a beautiful bloke. very stylish. Sitting in a caf like a character from an existentialist french novel.

he was bravely right in goldsmiths territory. i looked very art studenty in that moment; long hair, guitar on my back, cardigan. i smiled at him, but he looked trepidatious. maybe he frightened i was antifa. maybe it was just creepy that a stranger's was grinning at him knowingly.

sadmanbarty

He sometimes strikes me as someone determined to sabotage his own charm.

i've characterised him before as someone who would rather lose by sabotaging himself than fail/get rejected by trying properly or.

everyone of course has that quality. do a silly voice during karaoke rather than embarrass yourself by trying to sing properly only for it to be rubbish.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
invite him to woops sex party. talk things out. embrace each other. it could be the start of something new an beautiful. in fact why not give him the empty dj slot?

poetix

we murder to dissect
Let him have happy delusions, which occasion no lashing out, no shin-kicking, no bizarrely aggressive emails. Let him serenely believe he is the reincarnation of hermes trismegestus, and let luka patiently allow him this fantasy even though he knows that he, luka, alone is the reincarnation of hermes trismegestus. Let him be sagely idiot, smiling benevolently upon life, even upon Goldsmiths and all the teeming venality of the art world which once angered him so. Let him be comforted by women, but never again so morbidly indulged by them. Let him write poems that please him even if they are read by no-one, simple expressions of bemused happiness at the carnival of existence. Let him be reconciled to his parents' love, and pass smiling into harmless old age, a rakish American gent whom nobody very much minds.

Reactions: sus

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
merry christmas everyone, hope some of you have succeeded in finding more peace and clarity in your lives.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It must be amazing to have that much confidence in yourself, even when you're totally wrong about everything. Awe-inspiring, Trumpian. What would Kafka think?

Last edited: