luka

as for josef "winding ppl up", the signal fact is how little it takes to count as provocation - not only is it impossible to communicate across partisan lines, but anyone claiming otherwise is instantly drawn by the escalatory logic of situation into one camp or another

Not realising this, or realising and doing it anyway is why I called him a dickhead.

luka

It doesn't start from the assumption that he is a committed fascist and child sacrificing satanist.

luka

Gauche. Coddled. Naive. Lacking discernment. Silly. Wyndham Lewis was making similar points in the 30s with the same failure to accurately weigh and choose between two evils.

Znores thing on the alt right is pretty much what I think too.

luka

suppose you were to ask instead whether the escalatory logic itself was fair - is it? or reasonable?

I have no idea what fair or reasonable means in this context. Burroughs talks about this stuff at length in electronic revolution. It's a mechanism. What's fair got to do with it

luka

Did you hear what he said about your mum?
You have to find a way of short circuiting it or all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and allowing yourself to be coopted by a side.

luka

This is the basics. Of course perhaps im being too generous and he has picked the tommy robinson army, that it was a deliberately partisan intervention.

droid

Nonsense. Anti-fascism has existed long before outrage culture and it exists for good reason.

Josef was derided not for being subversibly non-conformist but for adopting a Liberal centrist position that utterly misunderstands and enables fascism at a time when the right is at heights not seen since WWII.

luka

I don't think that is a realistic interpretation. That's why his actions were just more fodder for the alt right media.

john eden

male pale and stale
ok but to pick one obvious example, discussion of the alignment between feminism and capitalism seems useful and to the point

It is useful that this is examined, Vim, but it has been done more successfully by Dawn Foster in her book “Lean Out”.

And by bell hooks, and Julie Burchill. And by anarcha-feminists. And Selma James.

Also I think “to the point” is quite a funny way of describing a waffly 90 minutes.

The only reason we’re even talking about this is because it features two former Dissensus types who are now positioning themselves as controversial. Not the content. For my money any thread of more than 3 pages on here is a better use of your time.

luka

For my money any thread of more than 3 pages on here is a better use of your time.

Right exactly can we not talk about my psychedelic poetry essay! Fucks sake. I thought this wAs supposed to be Luka's treehouse. Those two don't even post here any more.

• Haha
Reactions: sus