yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
agreed. i liked reading that letter even tho i don't know much about the whole topic (josef k, that youtube video, etc). it's very honest.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I mean ok but that's fucked if fascists are losing her job. i still don't believe this is from a leftist, leftists are all about career branding. the anti-reaction research group will cease to exist any day soon.

Last edited:

droid

Nina, if you're reading this, please take care of yourself. Maybe just turn your internet off for a week or two?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
IN response 1) thanks - the letter is a very strange business: no one is quite sure who wrote it, both those who want to agree with it (thanks guys!) and those who clearly know it's beyond insane. Some people - artist Luke Turner, for example - have linked to it as if it were real, but he has a habit of accusing everyone of anti-semitism without foundation, so I'm not sure what that means. I don't think it's ok to also try to lose me things that are not my 'main job' either for the record. These people rampaging around trying to get everyone cancelled on the basis of paranoia and hearsay - who do they think they are? Who do they think other people are that need 'protecting' from 'dangerous ideas' - not that I am making any, beyond suggesting people should be free to think, read and discuss anything with anyone.

2) This is a mean-minded and reductive description of both people. But I am ok with being criticised for sure, for appearing with people we are - what - supposed to shun? I think Justin's situation is absurd - hauled over the coals for tweets - I mean, really. His case tells us a lot about academic freedom today, which is to say, its disappearance. That Daniel protested the closure of an art gallery - so what? It doesn't make him a fascist.

He wrote about the whole thing here: I reject the idea that we should accept on good faith the ideas of whoever wrote that mad Open Letter because they seem nominally 'left' and reject anyone who questions them because they might be accused of being a 'Nazi' for doing so. Justin writes a thread here about the whole recent thing as well:
3) I don't see caring about men as being in opposition to caring about women. They are not and should not be in opposition. It's not a zero sum game.

Really quickly - mean minded? I think I was giving them the benefit of the doubt by not going any further! Justin Murphy's case has nothing to do with "academic freedom" and everything to do with him being pointlessly provocative for reasons best known to himself, in a way that he knew would impact his job. And as for protesting that gallery - nothing to do with what's in that Open Letter, it was common knowledge that there were some really grim speakers involved. I didn't call him a fascist, either. The 'so what?' is a question for you to answer yourself, I think.

It's not about 'caring for men' - that's fine, and no-one disputed that. It's about acknowledging how discrimination operates in this society. Saying society is really anti-men is...odd. Again, begs the question of who you think is shaping society.

Anyways, I hope people stop scapegoating you soon - it's horrible, as said.

Last edited:

droid

So are Josef and Justin planning a livestream to explore the ideas in the latest manifesto?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some great tags going on in this thread. 'Evola virus' is inspired. Not sure who robocock is tho.

luka

I noticed on who's online stelfox was composing a response to this but he thought better of it/bottled it. Either/or

john eden

male pale and stale
I think it’s a pity that Nina hasn’t posted her promised follow up blog piece. Especially as she’s on the same line up as DC Miller in Europe soon.

luka

It doesn't matter really. It influences no one. Has no impact. No reverberations. People believe one thing then they believe another. Allies become enemies. Comrades become apostates. Who cares. Nobody knows who we are. 12 people know who they are. Drop in the ocean.

john eden

male pale and stale
https://ninapower.net/2019/04/06/cancelled/

Part two.

Very raw (as was part one) and not what I was hoping for, if I'm honest.

The elision of friendship with presenting ideas together in the public realm that many people would consider problematic is particularly troubling.

I mean I've got mates who believe all kinds of crap that would get them into trouble at Goldsmiths student union. I don't do lectures or youtube appearances with them though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh fucking hell i really hate white people sometimes and their middle class coloured hangers on (this includes most leftist poc i know, get them out of my darbuka hashish den...)

"What do I understand by fascism? Fascism is authoritarianism. It is control, and the desire for control, it is about creating enemies, about tapping into resentment and giving it a false name. It is about the violence you can induce in humanity by attaching bad feelings to an object and naming a blameable group. Fascism is top-down. Fascism is the state. Fascism controls the narrative."

No anaesthetic needed castrate me i don't care fucking hell. years and years we try to tell people that fascism is actually liberating for many in the middle...

it's as if a healthy sex life was not encouraged in the hitler youth, it's as if fascism wasn't a space for many arty bohemians and intellectuals to feel like they could be empowered again, it's as if many people didn't find the social democrats hoary and conservative...

gonna smash this fucking glass of orange juice now

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's like people almost wanna prove freud right and make capital the main subject of history so long as they can get into shitty wynterfilleth.

guys, we all like the jungle savage music over here. jazz funk, rare groove, gay disco, boogie, it's fucking cracking.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
no cop has ever been able to break me even when they had a tantilising lecturer right in front of my face auuzubillahi shaytan e rajeem.