luka

Largely I agree with poetix, I've said as much in various threads over the last few years, but that doesn't mean there's not a moral hysteria at work on the left at present, one which is, more often than not, hypocritical and self-serving. Mostly kids, but also some people who are old enough to know better.

luka

But that's nothing new. The radical left was always a home for scratchy jersey perverts, bad faith, resentment, inadequates of all stripes. That's just who you have to call comrade. Either that or having a seafood lunch and a bottle of white wine with a pink cheeked Tory with chunky thighs and hefty buttocks, putting it on the expense account. Living the good life. Guffawing.

poetix

we murder to dissect
There have been some disastrous conflagrations. The Vampire Castle blow-up sprayed radioactive waste across the landscape. #BoycottNovara was utter insanity.

Nina

It's just not true. I went to the loo and then left. I have no idea why Home is trying to make something of nothing. There was one exit and I had to walk past him to get out. I assure you I muttered nothing. This is very strange.

poetix

we murder to dissect
It's not you he's saying was doing the following-around and muttering (perhaps while you were in the loo? I dunno. Seems like a peculiar thing to make up).

john eden

male pale and stale
"not even being provocative"

Actual video about the orgasmic pleasure of your mentions getting some numbers.

john eden

male pale and stale
I can see Brendan O'Neill kicking himself, "Shit, why didn't I think of that?"

It's an audition... gotta get on that paid contrarian/controversialist gravy train. Mirror image of the Momentum vloggers who want Guardian columns.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Jeez, this guy has the attitude problems and stunted morality of a 14 year old. If only he could deal with his tragically obvious resentment and anger, and target it appropriately rather than radically inappropriately. Sigh.

oooooo so post-ironic, so coooooooool. can't that guy go outside a bit more?

sadmanbarty

I just saw Joe in the window of a cafe down the road from me.

I wanted to say hello, but he was with someone and didn't look like he was in the mood.

Hopefully I'll see him again. I'm still determined to become his friend.

poetix

we murder to dissect
There are people who are simply charmless, no mojo, emotional klutzes, neediness and resentment too close to the surface for others' comfort. Ian Beale types. He's not one of those.

poetix

we murder to dissect
As a young man, which he was the last time I spoke to him in person, he seemed socially fluent, witty, quite clever. A bit full of himself, and there was an aggro side which came out in his online savaging of Zoe Strimpel (who admittedly we all thought quite deserving of it, at the time). Later on he was less ingratiating, and Mark characterised him as a Dalek - horrible slimy fascist shrimp monster encased in a shiny exterior. The character I saw in that more recent video delivering his terrible poem seemed kind of sad and stuck, comparatively. Something there has failed to thrive, and something profoundly unappealing has grown up around that failure.