luka

He's not going to talk to me for some weird reason someone give him something please or its a waste.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
I'll be here for another hour... and then I'll need to leave again. Many of you seem to have strong opinions about me. Of what, exactly, am I guilty? Please tell me very simply, clearly, directly.

sadmanbarty

there's a pronounced contingent on dissensus who believe that liberalism must be defended from the far right by illiberal means (no platforming, antifa violence, etc.). that fact that you disagree with that has possibly made them feel that you are sympathetic to the far right.

this coupled with possible aesthetic preoccupations of yours (maybe you flirt with far right iconography or something) may confirm these suspicions.

sadmanbarty

if it cheers jo up a bit, i have asked luke to explain this all to me a couple of times and he never slagged you off or said anything incendiary about you.

luka

there's a pronounced contingent on dissensus who believe that liberalism must be defended from the far right by illiberal means (no platforming, antifa violence, etc.). that fact that you disagree with that has possibly made them feel that you are sympathetic to the far right.

this coupled with possible aesthetic preoccupations of yours (maybe you flirt with far right iconography or something) may confirm these suspicions.

There you go. Thanks barty great job

sadmanbarty

who's got john on twitter? droid on email?

can you let them know we're about to start rolling and the two leading men in our buddy movie aren't even on set.

sadmanbarty

i haven't been paying much attention, but you have seemingly spent a couple of months inadvertently slagging him off. isn't it only fair you explain why. or does he know and he's just being disingenuous?

Nina

Hmm. There both feels like a lot to say and also not much. I understand Luka's worry about the personal/historical. I don't want to go down that path either, though there is a lot that could be said. Dominic's tone I just can't stand tbh. It's always this priestly, judgemental, patronising crap, telling me what I supposedly think, what I've supposedly done. It don't get the point of it, other than to make him feel better and happy about telling women what they think. I like what stelfox says. I think a lot of people have lied and exaggerated and projected all over the place about all this. People (not here, mainly) have posted crazy and untrue things. It's hard not to get fucked up about it (as in it's hard not to get sucked into other people's paranoia and krankiness), and it's hard to see where there might be a better conversation. I just keep thinking of the park, I want to get off the internet and go back to being a disagreeable bastard with people in person. Fifteen people or so turned up to protest me in Berlin the other day at an event on 'cancel culture'. I went outside to speak to them - some of them spoke to me, some of them moved away. They had a little leaflet with a voodoo veve on the front (apparently Maman Brigitte). It said 'EVIL QUEER COMMIES SAY NO PLATFORM FOR EDGELORDS AND EDGELADIES' and 'FASCISTS ARE FRIGHTENED CONFORMISTS AND FRIGHTENED CONFORMISTS ARE FASCISTS' and 'DOWN WITH THE EDGY ESTABLISHMENT' and 'DOWN WITH THE EDGY HAND OF THE STATE'. Inside was a mix of claims, including having a go at my laugh on a video of Daniel reading a poem: 'Nina laughs strangely in the background. The laughter is disturbing.'

I sort of feel like something has taken a wrong turn. You could say it was me who had, but I'm not so sure.