Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    fuck off ollie a rave isn't a rave unless its got guns in it to shoot bouncer cops.
    Everyone thought me, Luka and barti were gonna be the troublesome corner of dissensus but then Third Weapon Third came out the cut and started attacking everyone with reckless abandon. I'm looking tame by comparison again!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    my fave Prodigy tune by a wide margin, have always loved the video too

two places I wasn't there for - post UK Summer of Love ardkore, and early 90s NYC - but I still catch feels off it in the way it so powerfully evokes - to me - the universality of of being young, fucking around and goofing off with your friends having no idea how precious those moments and how fondly/wistfully you'll look back on them

like everyone else, I rate their earliest most purest ardkore (except Charly, no thx) highest, the Firestarter etc stuff is still p good tho

trying to explain it to Americans who only know them from "smack my bitch up " etc, I compared them to Depeche Mode as an important link, in that case from synthpop to house + techno (as shouted out by LFO), in this obv E'd up ardkore to jungle, while not fully belonging to the latter

the big beat rocked out whatever late 90s biz I mean, no, tho it's temporal closeness to nu metal does it no favors either

there's some quote from I think 1 of the Chemical Brothers, I forget the context but like "well, he should just be allowed to do whatever he wants really, he's Keith from The Prodigy"

but ya teenage idiot energy for sure, Liam making the beats, but it was Keith and the other dude who brought the energy

49 ain't no age, and definitely rest in power. I hope he's somewhere right now chasing the devil out of earth and into outer space to find another race

4. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Memories of camping trip down to Brittas Bay and a day on acid wanting to strangle a mate of mine who played the album on a loop for at least 6 hours. He's gone now as well
    RIP to your mate as well, thx for that story

that's what I'm talking about tho, there are records - mostly the other hardcore, punk - that evoke experiences and people - some distant, some gone - from youth

as the Prodigy do to me. the things you don't realize are actually treasured memories in the making.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    I remember him most in this video which I saw on a Saturday morning and thought, wow he dances really well for a guy with such long hair! My ambition from then was to dance as well as him. Firetstarter stuff didnít impress me anything as much as this.

what a great video - also, early 90's Manhattan, talk about a lost world!

That video has inspired me to make a thread about what you visualise when you listen to music, I just haven't got around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    That video has inspired me to make a thread about what you visualise when you listen to music, I just haven't got around to it yet.
    Discriminatory. I've got aphantasia

See, I've been wondering about that. Not just in connexion with music, but in general, if I'm an especially visual thinker. I was endlessly drawing when I was in school; writing came later. Anyway, this is off topic.

Beaut of a time capsule this. Kieth was such a dude.

TMZ exploitative as ever and Johnny looks in a bad way, but he's got a point.