music you know is aesthetically irredeemable but can't help liking

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
before corpsey tries to disown his jump up past in favour of post-dubstep, i don't mean naive teenage music that is a gateway that u grow out of or whatever.

I mean music that was always total fucking crap, is always total fucking crap, and will always be total crap.

For me it's Return To Forever Romantic Warrior.

Last edited:

Leo

a handful of Lenny Kravitz singles. I know, horrible. can't help it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yep. lol ozric tentacles. think i still have the one with eternal wheel on it. whats it called? consume the other?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
before corpsey tries to disown his jump up past in favour of post-dubstep, i don't mean naive teenage music that is a gateway that u grow out of or whatever.

This is confusing to me because jump up was the naive music I grew out of, not post-dubstep! Perhaps you think I'm younger than I am?

Anyhoo

When this came out I was already a drum n bass/jungle snob and hated Pendulum et al, but Dillinja played this tune on the Valve and I was under a balcony with a chap I knew via DNBArena and my eyes were practically rolling in my skull and it sounded spectacular...

I actually rate this as an almost punk expression - unapologetically obnoxious

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I mean all this stuff was what got me into drum n bass really

This is the first three tunes I bought on vinyl:

THE tune that got me interested was 'Vault' by Pendulum, which I don't think is too bad - but 'Slam' by Pendulum sounds irredemable to me now

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
And as I've often said on here, I somehow respect my naive taste back then, it had a purity to it, I didn't pursue 'depth' or subtlety, I pursued pure adrenaline, I saw it as functional music, music to bosh pills to

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
and what's more, you knew all the other dance genre fans looked down on dnb, thought it was 'chav' music or whatever, and that made it even better :D

luka

I was saying to barty yesterday although garage has an eternal presence in London and magically starts vibrating the air every time the sun comes out, jungle is never heard. The only thing you hear is the stuff corpse posted above, no real peaks and troughs, no let up, with MCs doing skibbadum bibbadum spike milligan non stop over the top of it, and that only out the windows of white vans, tilers, plasterers, Window fitters, delivery drivers.

luka

One notable thing about hipsters considered en masse is that they are not hip musically. You dont hesr classic kool fm '94 sets playing in third wave coffee shops and craft beer pubs. It's just fela kuti abd joy division on an eternal loop. They don't do the classic, and in my view very honourable, reverse snobbery switcheroo and start listening to what the little cunts in Newham, Waltham Forest, Brent, Haringey, Lewisham, Southwark are into