Radio 2019

carmen

 
no clue what's going on these days

nothing? as both autist radio nerd and consummate pedestrian i'll flip through dozens of memories in phone FM-app while hearing something pouring out of a vehicle thinking just maybe they have got radio on , but a match never turns up. fairly certain the radio DJs are playing for their own amusement and their two listeners. at least w/ Boston / Bronx / Flatbush the West Indian monoculture still, entirely folks playing whatever's popular where they came from. if there's a local artist it's in that style and more than ever a lack of local involvement/awareness of radio even existing (IG comments and general lazniess seemed to have mostly killed the on-air call-in, unless there's just nobody listening anymore) . that said there's probably 90% as many pirates as a decade ago, and about 5% more Nigerian , you maybe get one mostly-africans station now in your local hood but it's just gonna be the biggest pop tunes. whitppl are still afraid to break the law but will readily tack "Free Radio ____" on as the brand of their online-only stream. now if you're like me and mainly just want to hear a bunch of Vybz Kartel and Alkaline you're in luck cuz that's what it is. never had good luck w/ getting embeds/links going but to try to demonstrate here's a compendium of short clips right off the record button in the phone app nabbed over the course of a few hours the other day while roaming around the Dorchester in Massachusetts in search of groceries. theyre actually tossing in hyperlocal dubplates with increasing frequency but the question remains as to if traction or relevance or monetization or how can you track it? the lack of analytics will do it in today if nothing else

FM in London-

Vision is very good although its mostly just catering to old ravers driving round, like me. Most of the hosts/DJs are old East London/Essex lads with v good house & garage crates. DJ PL on a Sunday is the best show on radio i think.

Point Blank is a bit hit and miss but lots of interesting shit if you persevere with it in the presets. Bit too much tech house at times but still

Rinse is Rinse. Still good but gets a bit too host led during the day i think. Seems to be a renewed attempt to change roster at the moment

Big fan of Sugar B on Venture as a breakfast show. Lots of regular listeners and i do like Raving Wednesdays lol

Playback pretty good for bassline and the new 2 step gear but not very consistent

Flex & Reprezent both good at playing all that drill rap and commercial grime stuff, legal now though so a lot of censored tracks.

Does Talksport count? I listen to Talksport a lot

What have i missed? Theres probably more when you get East but this is what ive got south of the river

catalog

i read somewhere recently that bristol is the new coke capital of the country, per head or whatever i suppose, cos obviously nothing can compete with london.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i read somewhere recently that bristol is the new coke capital of the country, per head or whatever i suppose, cos obviously nothing can compete with london.

I looked into this recently and London didn't participate :crylarf:

Still, an impressive showing from Bristol.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
noods is like the NTS of Bristol so you've gone to the right place

loool par. also gone bare off mi soul they seem to be doing adverts every two songs in 2019, allow that. is wefunk radio still going?

Luke will be overjoyed to hear that after they played Gilberto Gill on Tuesday lunchtime and I rushed to turn it off.