Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk To Me

Default Talk To Me

What's on your mind? Tell me something. Keep me occupied. Entertain me. Pour yourself a delicious glass of lager. Pretend you're down the pub not shut up at home staring at the wall waiting for it all to end

Well let him know. I was saying to craner just a minute ago if you see these heroic lonely furrow guys doing their thing, and you get something out of it, give em a pat on the back, Let them know you care. It makes a difference

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Didn't know there was a game.

arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees, blue skies, I go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast and watch the sun come up while floating on my back. I'm sure I'll be ready to come home after two weeks but currently not missing ny winter at all.

Sounds like you should be doing some work, what kind of business trip is that?

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Sounds like you should be doing some work, what kind of business trip is that?
    one of my clients is global organization for advertising industry creatives, they run an international advertising awards show and it takes two weeks to judge the 20,000+entries. they fly in about 150 ad agency creative directors from around the world to one destination to judge the work, I'm doing video interviews with judges.

it's pretty easy work, tbh. plus, you eat and drink for free and don't spend a penny of your own money for two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees
    Sounds pretty toasty! I mean I sous-vide steaks at 54...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

ha...as i'm sure you know, 85f is about 30c.

arrived on monday for a two-week business trip to the Dominican Republic. eating fresh guava and passion fruit, everyday is 85 degrees, blue skies, I go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast and watch the sun come up while floating on my back. I'm sure I'll be ready to come home after two weeks but currently not missing ny winter at all.
    one of my clients is global organization for advertising industry creatives, they run an international advertising awards show and it takes two weeks to judge the 20,000+entries. they fly in about 150 ad agency creative directors from around the world to one destination to judge the work, I'm doing video interviews with judges.

it's pretty easy work, tbh. plus, you eat and drink for free and don't spend a penny of your own money for two weeks!
    i know that this is daily business for a lot of people but to me it still sounds so alien and absurd. fly in all those people, smash all that money on some award show, location just being a decor somehow. live in nyc, eat passion fruit thousands of miles away the next day. also just being jealous btw.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

ha...as i'm sure you know, 85f is about 30c.
    As a physics grad, I instinctively think of 300 as perfect beach weather.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i know that this is daily business for a lot of people but to me it still sounds so alien and absurd. fly in all those people, smash all that money on some award show, location just being a decor somehow. live in nyc, eat passion fruit thousands of miles away the next day. also just being jealous btw.
    In these scenarios money means nothing and if you have to count pennies it is a shock, it feels depraved.

Not judging Leo here in the slightest. That's not my angle

leo, please can you tell us about that puerto rican girl you were involved with in the 80's.

cheers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Leo

too much information already, I'm afraid.

also, too wistful to reminisce about the one who got away.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post: