CrowleyHead

Can I say, as a toxic misanthrope approaching old age, you two squabbling is the rivalry this place deserves, far better than my one-sided bullying of Corpse.

luka

Futurism might be overrated, or at least, not something to be striven for consciously, in a programmatic way but the new is essential. We can't live without it because life is so boring and the pallete gets jaded.

luka

So setting out to make a tune that sounds like a spaceship docking, probably not going to end well, albeit I have a secret affection for kuedo who does just that. But there is a logic to the development of music, just as there is a kind of logic to the dual evolution of predator and prey, not predictable necessarily, but it unfolds over time in a way which makes some kind of sense

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Futurism might be overrated, or at least, not something to be striven for consciously, in a programmatic way but the new is essential. We can't live without it because life is so boring and the pallete gets jaded.

yeah barry ur client cancelled u now time for us to write a piece in mixmag about how this was the right thing 2 do because of ur cis straight positionality.

luka

So setting out to make a tune that sounds like a spaceship docking, probably not going to end well, albeit I have a secret affection for kuedo who does just that. But there is a logic to the development of music, just as there is a kind of logic to the dual evolution of predator and prey, not predictable necessarily, but it unfolds over time in a way which makes some kind of sense

I don't like the word dialectical but

luka

The thing is, I don't know if there is an alternative. I don't think you can avoid it. Unless you make music which is the equivalent of a mock Tudor mansion

luka

How would you, sitting on all that constantly evolving tech, avoid being futuristic? There's no way out of this corridor, have to keep walking

sadmanbarty

jungle was in pursuit of Now, metalheadz in pursuit of the future.

jungle's brilliant and metalheadz is cringe-inducingly embarrassing.